Sign in to follow this  
LimeGreen

Problem with TAB input and Cockpit illumination

Hello Guys,

since 1 week i have some problems with my QOTS2. The CDU Tab input do not work (yes, its activated in the settings) and the cockpit illumiation is way too dark. The displays, MCP and CDU are as bright as normal, but the lettering is almost not readable (and yes, i set all knobs to the right).

Last installation was EZCA V.2, but i do not think this will occure the problems.

Regards form germany

Marvin

7 hours ago, LimeGreen said:

The CDU Tab input do not work

Usually means that you have a keyboard assignment conflict (the tab key is assigned to another function in the sim - also, do note that you must HOLD the Tab key down while typing).

7 hours ago, LimeGreen said:

and the cockpit illumiation is way too dark. The displays, MCP and CDU are as bright as normal, but the lettering is almost not readable (and yes, i set all knobs to the right).

Beyond the subjective nature of this comment, be sure that you aren't using odd settings in the sim, or shader mods.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, i hold the Tab key, but nothing happens. I can also click in the CDU, the entry field appears, but i can not type anything. What confuses me is that all the things worke'd for weeks, and now they are broke.

The Cockpit background illumination is fine, just the lettering is too dark.

Dark lettering

Dark lettering but bright background

This is two month old, everything is fine

The 777 has the same problems, the 737 is bright, but the CDU input do not work either. I use FSX (almost forget)

Check key assignments in FSX Controls and see what Tab is assigned to..., it shouldn't be assigned to anything.

You've lost panel lighting.  It's not that the lettering is too dark, it is that there is no panel lighting.  The "background" is the flood light, working properly.  I'm not sure what causes a loss of panel lighting, I suspect there might be a texture file corruption caused by something you installed?  Try running the installer and selecting REPAIR and see if that makes a difference.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

Check key assignments in FSX Controls and see what Tab is assigned to..., it shouldn't be assigned to anything.

Courious: When i the FSX has load ( i always start in cold and dark) i press the CDU Menu button to load and fuel up the aircraft, the Tab input works. When i connect the gound power, the Tab key is "disabled"

6 minutes ago, downscc said:

You've lost panel lighting.  It's not that the lettering is too dark, it is that there is no panel lighting.  The "background" is the flood light, working properly.  I'm not sure what causes a loss of panel lighting, I suspect there might be a texture file corruption caused by something you installed?  Try running the installer and selecting REPAIR and see if that makes a difference.

Yes, the flood light works proper, only the lettering is dark. Ok, currently i am flying, i try it later, thanks.

Repair did not work, the problems are still there :(

-------------

Ok, i don't know what happens, but it's ok now.

Ehm, i noticed something. I reinstalled the 747, don't download any livery. Now i downloaded the Lufthansa D-ABVM, load the FSX, and the lettering is dark. I reload the FSX and took the PMDG livery, and it works. Whats wrong?

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

Problem occurs when you load a livery.. sure sounds like something is wrong with the livery or the livery installation.  You say "downloaded the livery", are you using the OC for this or downloading from the web? How do you install?

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, i thought posting the name in the first post is needed.

I got the liverie from the PMDG Operation Centre, no third party DL.

The problem with the TAB Key input stays. I load the aircraft cold and dark, click on MENU on the CDU, then i load and fuel up (the Tab Key works) but when i connect the external PWR or the APU, the Tab Key stops working.

Marvin

Marvin, please full names first and last.

It is not only the tab key but also you lose panel lighting if I have read your posts correctly. Have you made any changes to the aircraft.cfg file or to any file in the SimObjects folders?  I asked you to check the key assignments in FSX, which you did not acknowledge.

Have you removed the EZCA tool and tested?  These camera addons have caused very similar problems so it is worth a try.  You need to remove it to check, not just disable it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, you are right. No, i did not change any aircraft.cfg file or something else. The tab key is not bind to the FSX. Ok, i will uninstall EZCA and try it, thanks.