Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Logging flight time

Hello,
I have been flying simulator for almost 20 years and I never keep track any of it, which I really regret. Is there a software out there that can help me do it? I'm thinking of doing Excel file for this.

Just log like in the real world log book, date/time, type aircraft, departure/destination,time/distance, day/night landing...

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

P3D menu Analysis>PilotRecords , you will find details of Time , AC and flights...

Jorge

I agree, missed out on 30+ years of not logging (actually started on SubLogic's Flight Simulator II in 1983/1984 on the Commodore 64), but:  If you're good with Excel, I started using 1 spreadsheet for every tail number aircraft I fly, and create a new tab for every flight.  You can even drop in screen snapshots taken before, during, and after the flight, use snipit to grab nav data off skyvector, and generally make the thing as fancy as you want.  It adds a little bit of overhead for each flight, but at least now I have something to point to for my time, including pictures from every flight. 

And yes, at some point my favorite planes will eventually have HUGE spreadsheets, but at the same time computer technology is continuing to improve.

Mark

10 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I have been using http://flightdiary.net/mcdonar for a long time.

Sufficient for me.

Oh Richard. Ouch, you helped beta test my LogEdit software.  I know, I didn't provide hours by type but the most landed at locations are in there.  Thanks for the good word Greg!

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Oh Richard. Ouch, you helped beta test my LogEdit software.  I know, I didn't provide hours by type but the most landed at locations are in there.  Thanks for the good word Greg!

Dan,

I've been using your LogEdit for a while and have been very pleased with it. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

15 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I have been using http://flightdiary.net/mcdonar for a long time.

Sufficient for me.

Thank you so much for all your help, I didn't know there are so many ways to log it in simulator. But I feel this handy website is probably most suitable for me.
Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Hi Dan,

I am sorry to say that I had completely forgotten about LogEdit. Looking back, I see my comments to you. Very sorry that I got no further but I have been using flightdiary for a long time now as you may see from my map.

Kind regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx