Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

FSim Manager and Dreamfleet Boeing 727 (effects scan)

Hi,Just stumbled across an oddity and I am wondering whether anyone can offer an explanation.After acting on that other interesting thread relating to frame rate dips and FS9's proclivity for continuous searching for missing effects and texture files, I ran a scan with Flightsim Manager and unearthed 48 missing effects files!Much of the problems, I suspect, related to entries in the relevant aircraft.cfg being left in during development or perhaps because the author did not realize that by leaving in unused entries it would cause any problems.Anyway, one by one I backed up each aircraft.cfg before commenting out the relevant lines or deleting the reference to the missing effects files (after confirming they were indeed missing, of course) and at the end I was left with one persistent missing effects file:fx_df727_strobe.fx and the aircraft folder = Flight One 727-100This file is NOT missing and I checked the name of the file against the entries in each aircraft.cfg of all the DF B727 variations - identical!?I knew there was an update from Flight One/Dreamfleet (Version 2) so I downloaded and installed version 2 after uninstalling Version 1.I then ran Flightsim Manager again with the same result.I then renamed the aircraft.cfg in each of the 727 folder variants, one by one, and Flightsim Manager just worked its way down the list finding a missing fx_df727_strobe.fx in each subsequent aircraft folder containing an, as yet, unnamed aircraft.cfg.Very strange. Any ideas anyone?Mike

Guest allcott

A faulty file perhaps? You could try renaming another strobe effect file to fx_df727_strobe.fx into the effects folder after renaming or copying to a folder outside of FS the original.The other thing that I wold check is that the file has't found it's way into a spurious folder - `Effect` or `Efects` rather than `Effects`, as FS is quite fussy about the file naming protocols. Other than that I can only suggest you post over at the Flight 1 and/or DreamFleet forum - I don't recall ever seeing anything like this posted, but you never know. Allcott

Hi Allcott,Thanks, I've done as you suggested and posted over at the DreamFleet forum. If anything turns up I'll let you know.Meantime, anyone else please feel free to add to this thread.Cheers,Mike

Yep, a balls-up in the cfg files seems to be the culprit with the strobe. Some silly bugger has named it in two different ways; just can't seem to get the right staff :-(Anyone that can check, please open fx_df727_strobe.fx with notepad and save as fx_strobe_df727.fxYou'll now have both files in the effects folder. Run the check again to see if this fixes it.Thanks for the heads up and it'll be fixed in a small update we'll release.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding