Sign in to follow this  
tecto

very weird flightplan from LPPT to EGLL

I have a flightplan from RouteFinder (http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/) from LPPT - EGLL - airac cycle is the latest 1704.
But for me it's very strange. Could you please explain to me why they want me to turn to west-south and then turn north? It looks as a very long journey and it makes no sense to me.
4Sx9NfF.jpg

The screen, which I prepared is from ProATC but in the PMDG FMC the plan looks the same. Where is an issue?
For instance when I make a plan from EGLL to LPPT it looks OK - very straight and short way. The difference between these two flightplans is almost 800 nm - so huge distance I think.

4uezoA5.jpg

Any ideas?

I've encountered this phenomenon too - I use onlineflightplanner, which in turn accesses route finder to create a plan. I don't have a definitive solution or know why it does that. However, have you tried de-selecting NATS, SIDs and/or STARs? It may well alter the plan satifactorily.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

You need to plan using Free Route Airspace.

I don't know how RouteFinder implements this, ProATC certainly does not and cannot be expected too. FRA is NOT designated in the AIRAC's available to the sim community.

According to the list of updates on the routfinder page (just below where you enter the details), it appears that the program will try to enter DCT (direct) segments at flight levels above 330, at least in the areas mentioned. I don't know which other parts of the world are included in this process..

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Try entering this:

N0445F380 INBOM DCT PINEK DCT KORUL UN866 QPR UN472 ARE/N0433F340 UN472 REVTU UP87 BOLRO/N0428F330 UP87 DOMUT/0230

A flight plan reported on real world flight plans database http://www.edi-gla.co.uk/fpl

Andre

N0443F360 IXIDA DCT BALNO DCT LOTEE UM30 QPR UN472 JSY/N0438F340 UN472 REVTU UP87 DOMUT/0209

Edit: Original post was between LPPT and EGKK. Misread OP. This one is LPPTEGLL

Andre

Directs alone are not enough, FRA has defined Entry/Exit/Intermediate/Airport Arrival and Airport Departure points.

This VALIDATED route at FL350 from PFPX using a current AIRAC and updated RAD directs file:

egll-lppt-pfpx.jpg

and LPPT-EGLL:

lppt-egll-pfpx.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've just used onlineflightplanner to generate a plan from LPPT to EGLL, no WSW detour into the ocean. NATs SIDs and STARs were all selected. I did however, select fl230 as the lower level and left fl330 as the default higher level....

LPPT SID FTM UP600 TURON A5 STG R1 KORUL UN866 QPR UN472 REVTU UP87 DOMUTSTAR EGLL

Mark Robinson

We don't use FTM for departures here, it's very very very rare. More like IXIDA DCT TOSDI, then from there.

Portugal doesn't use airways anymore, we have FRA (Free Route Airspace).

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Ok thanks for all answers. I see that when I select FL230 as the lower level and left FL330 as the default higher level the plan looks OK.

Also plans from http://www.edi-gla.co.uk looks fine.

So regarding RouteFinder it was related with higher altitude I think.

Thanks guys!

• Upvote 1