Sign in to follow this  
CoRbYChIlLeD

737NGX updated features

Hi folks

I'm seeing a few posts requesting for the 737NGX to be updated. What needs to be updated? I know about the new LED lights but that's about it.

Ryan John

Scimitar, LED lights (slightly blue hue to taxi/landing lights  / re-sequence flash), cabin mood interior lights on most new aircraft. But Scimitars change the performance quite a bit, so that would be the biggest update/addition to the NGX. Hopefully they will consider it, scimitars took over here in Houston!

Last time scimitars came up I thought it was put to bed by quite well.  That modification is not a Boeing modification and involves proprietary data that does not fall within the commercial agreement between PMDG and Boeing, and it is unlikely that the modification could be done in any but a cosmetic sense.

Dan Downs KCRP

18 hours ago, downscc said:

That modification is not a Boeing modification

Fairly sure it is, given that the NGs are now delivered new with scimitars.

Doesn't mean the data is available though to PMDG.

They might be fitted on some new deliveries but they are under a STC. Our new deliveries don't have them, and quite a few older TUI aircraft seem to have them fitted this year.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

On 4/14/2017 at 5:21 AM, CoRbYChIlLeD said:

Hi folks

I'm seeing a few posts requesting for the 737NGX to be updated. What needs to be updated? I know about the new LED lights but that's about it.

Ryan John

1. Engine sounds that change with altitude, like in the new 744 and fsl a320.

2. A fix for the flight deck geometry

3. Custom engine spool model, again like in the new 744.  (Engines should be slow to respond at low n1, then become much more responsive above around 40% n1 on the cfm 56)

After all these years it is still the most complete and accurate short/medium range aircraft available for any sim platform, with these updates it really would be perfect.

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

mmm dont hold your breath. They gave us SP1d only last year - thats recent in  PMDG terms :biggrin: