hello,

I have a question with the weather addons. Can i create my own weather with those addons? (for example very foggy and rainy) or do i have to select a theme in the fsx weather section in fsx?

Hi,

Typically - I would think most people just allow it to use the "Real Weather" for a given location... I believe there is a search tool to find specific weather that may be happening around the world - as well as a "Historic Weather"... Honestly - I don't know if you can set specific weather and I've used Active Sky products for many years... For me that would kind of defeat the purpose...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

so as16 and asca arent actually a weather generator (only for live weather and better textures)

Hello,

You can use AS for Live Real World, Historical Real World, or Fully custom weather modes depending on your needs. Additoanlly with ASCA based on the conditions in AS16 the most appropriate texture set will be generated in ASCA and injected into the simulator. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

hi, thats my question, how do I 'create' my own weather. for example very rainy and a lot of clouds or even very sunny and no clouds. (like with the default fox weather engine you can chose between different weather themes) is this even possible with asca and at do I have to do to generate myas16? so how do I generate my own costum weather. thats my question

thanks a lot!

On 28-3-2017 at 1:56 PM, charliearon said:

Make sure you have "show hidden files and folders" checked in your folders options.

2 hours ago, McLaren said:

Hello,

You can use AS for Live Real World, Historical Real World, or Fully custom weather modes depending on your needs. Additoanlly with ASCA based on the conditions in AS16 the most appropriate texture set will be generated in ASCA and injected into the simulator. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks! 

(Post that i posted recently, forgot to quote :') )

On the top menu select WX Control

3 Large Blue Buttons are Available on the left - select the bottom one  Switch to Custom

Then go back to the top menu select Map

Once you are in the map - you can go anywhere in the world and RIGHT CLICK your mouse the option to create your custom weather is there.

Have fun! 

• Upvote 1

Just wondering, if I have REX Texture Direct 4 with Soft Clouds and pick up AS16, can I use thoe two together just as I would with ASCA, and hence can I avoid getting ASCA and just buy AS16 with the upgrage discount? I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but after several searches I think I'm thoroughly confused!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

8 hours ago, psolov said:

Just wondering, if I have REX Texture Direct 4 with Soft Clouds and pick up AS16, can I use thoe two together just as I would with ASCA, and hence can I avoid getting ASCA and just buy AS16 with the upgrage discount? I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but after several searches I think I'm thoroughly confused!

Cheers, Pete

Yes AS16 can be used with all REX cloud texture products.

Thanks Paul, I suppose for discounted price I should get this now.

Cheers, Pete

What is the differents between ASCA, as16, rex texture direct 4 and soft clouds?

23 hours ago, psolov said:

Cheers, Pete

What is the diffrents between asca, as16, rex texture direct 4 and soft clouds?

AS16 is the weather engine and REX is the texture package, and soft clouds is a cloud texture enhancement for REX. I am certainly no expert as some of the other folks on the forum are, but since AS Next isnt compatible with P3D v3, then I need a new weather engine. The REX package is compatible with all platforms, but I suppose if I didnt have REX Texture Direct already, I would probably just get the ASCA (the cloud art package) as a compliment to AS16. So..I think ASCA and REX Texture Direct both essentially do similar things (textures), where AS16 is the weather engine. It is quite confusing sometimes, but I think I have a handle on it now. 

Cheers, Pete

12 hours ago, psolov said:

AS16 is the weather engine and REX is the texture package, and soft clouds is a cloud texture enhancement for REX. I am certainly no expert as some of the other folks on the forum are, but since AS Next isnt compatible with P3D v3, then I need a new weather engine. The REX package is compatible with all platforms, but I suppose if I didnt have REX Texture Direct already, I would probably just get the ASCA (the cloud art package) as a compliment to AS16. So..I think ASCA and REX Texture Direct both essentially do similar things (textures), where AS16 is the weather engine. It is quite confusing sometimes, but I think I have a handle on it now. 

Cheers, Pete

So if i get this correct, as16 is a only real life weather engine. Is there a weather add on we're I can chose my weather themes? Like the default weather engine in FSX? (But then better textures) or do I need to install a texture theme from asca and then chose a weather theme in FSX weather engine? (Wil the textures of as a replace the default weather textures then?)

or is asca only compatible with as16?

I think REX weather architect may do that if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers, Pete