2 hours ago, psolov said:

I think REX weather architect may do that if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers, Pete

Ok. I think i was looking for something like that. Is the rex weather architect capible with asca? 

Thx for youre help.

~Ronnay

19 hours ago, psolov said:

AS16 is the weather engine and REX is the texture package, and soft clouds is a cloud texture enhancement for REX. I am certainly no expert as some of the other folks on the forum are, but since AS Next isnt compatible with P3D v3, then I need a new weather engine. The REX package is compatible with all platforms, but I suppose if I didnt have REX Texture Direct already, I would probably just get the ASCA (the cloud art package) as a compliment to AS16. So..I think ASCA and REX Texture Direct both essentially do similar things (textures), where AS16 is the weather engine. It is quite confusing sometimes, but I think I have a handle on it now. 

Cheers, Pete

ASNext is perfectly compatible with P3Dv3. A lot of folks including myself use it all the time in V3

hey guys, is there actually a diffrents between asca and flight enviornment x? Do they both download a better texture for the default weather engine in fsx?

thx in advanced

Could I clarify is Texture Direct +SC a replacement for Rex E+OD (which I currently use with ASN)?

44 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Could I clarify is Texture Direct +SC a replacement for Rex E+OD (which I currently use with ASN)?

Same thing really, To be honest Texture direct has far less texture sets to choose from than Rex E+OD, soft clouds is ok but I prefer the default clouds if i want that particular look

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Glynn said:

Same thing really, To be honest Texture direct has far less texture sets to choose from than Rex E+OD, soft clouds is ok but I prefer the default clouds if i want that particular look

Oh! I had the impression that there were more textures and better.

Thanks, Bill

On 4/16/2017 at 4:51 AM, ronnay said:

or is asca only compatible with as16?

ASCA is compatible with all WX engines (REX, AS, default, etc) but the Dynamic Themes only work with AS16 due to the integration needed. 

On 4/16/2017 at 4:51 AM, ronnay said:

So if i get this correct, as16 is a only real life weather engine. Is there a weather add on we're I can chose my weather themes? Like the default weather engine in FSX? (But then better textures) or do I need to install a texture theme from asca and then chose a weather theme in FSX weather engine? (Wil the textures of as a replace the default weather textures then?)

AS can generate custom weather using METAR or by selecting conditions from a menu in the client. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Just bought AS16 and ASCA since they are on spring sale so it's both products for the price of one and I must say that I'm blown away with the both together ( ASCA in full dynamic mode ), the cloud textures change along with the type off weather you encounter enroute, something you can't get with other weather textures add ons like FEX or REX textures, I did some long flights and never did see the weather jump from one type to another, transitions in the weather are so smooth that you don't even notice them and yes, you can create your own weather with creating your own METARS for the parts off the world you like and you can edit the clouds to, just like you would in FSX.

Only down point for me is that ASCA doesn't come with water textures and animations like FEX does, but hey what isn't yet might still come.

I don't regret my purchase for a moment yet,

Herman

Just figured out that the WX radar from AS16 can easily be implemented in all the default airplanes to, it gets better by the minute.

Herman