Sign in to follow this  
JonRD463

Flightsim.com

helps them forget they're up against 2 adversaries this time.They couldn't beat even one for the last 2 tries...

Guest deKoven

>>I offered you a forum... for FREE??? I must have been>forward>>thinking to San Diego where you were going to be buying me>>those GIANT Margaritas in Old Town... >>Now I don't think my wife would approve of me buying any big>Margarets........buy hey, each to his own LOL!!!!>Hmmm, do we have an oxymoron here? Margarita is a diminuitive for Margaret, i.e. little Margaret. Then we are making it/them giant size. So we have a giant little Margaret. Boggles the mind. :D

Guest av84fun

Having been tossed from that other site for daring to disagree with some of Cap Mason's hysterically postive "reviews" for products advertised on his site, my opinion needs to be taken with several grans of salt.But I find that many BUT CERTAINLY NOT ALL of the "management" people over there are incredibly petty and self-serving. I don't mind advertising at all. In fact, I like it because it directs my attention to some really great products.Nor do I mind "site management" editorializing about products if they choose to, whether the products are advertised on the site or not.What bothers me is blatant, extrememly overstated, "advertising" disguised as a "review", especially when KNOWN flaws/bugs/glitches in the products are not even mentioned in the "review."I have seen A LOT of that at the other site and NONE of that here.AVSIM is the best.Regards,Jim

.:-beerchug

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hmm so I'm not the only one who noticed that. It seems every product reviewed gets 5/5, followed by a big fat "Special Flightsim.com offer -BUY NOW - and get this and that for free" :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Paul, if you go to SAN, please don't wear those shorts again! :-lol

BobK

Come to think of it, I never noticed it before, but you're right about the reviews. My personal beef was the outright butchering of the English language that goes on there. I'll grant leniency for cases where the language isn't the speaker's native tongue, but for God's sake, I wish someone would at least use a spellchecker. Avsim's reviews have always been a lot more polished and professional. FS.com's seem to all be written by junior highschoolers failing their language classes. Not to give Tom any ideas, but Avsim offers payware quality (so to speak) for free, while FS.com offers crap and makes you pay to access it.Just my 2 cents worth.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

>Not to give Tom any ideas, but Avsim offers payware quality (so to >speak) for free, while FS.com offers crap and makes you pay to access >it.Well to look at that statement and take it as fact is incorrect. Many of the exact same packages are uploaded to both sites. You do not need to pay a dime for access to the file libraries, as I do not, and have not had any problems.>FS.com's seem to all be written by junior highschoolers failing their >language classes.Again, what is the larger purpose of making a statement like that?I fail to see why these two great sites and the members of both need to point out petty differences of the 'other' site. Do we not share the same love of aviation? Do we not all express this love with flight simulation? Statements like the one made above only further aggravate that attitude, and it is a shame we can't all live in a world where this attitude doesn't have to exist. Good day all,Tony Gmy two cents Canadian(which is getting a little better...)

>I fail to see why these two great sites and the members of>both need to point out petty differences of the 'other' site. >Do we not share the same love of aviation? Do we not all>express this love with flight simulation? Statements like the>one made above only further aggravate that attitude, and it is>a shame we can't all live in a world where this attitude>doesn't have to exist. >Well said.

Guest joea

>Having been tossed from that other site for daring to>disagree with some of Cap Mason's hysterically postive>"reviews" for products advertised on his site, my opinion>needs to be taken with several grans of salt.>>But I find that many BUT CERTAINLY NOT ALL of the "management">people over there are incredibly petty and self-serving. I>don't mind advertising at all. In fact, I like it because it>directs my attention to some really great products.>>Nor do I mind "site management" editorializing about products>if they choose to, whether the products are advertised on the>site or not.>>>What bothers me is blatant, extrememly overstated,>"advertising" disguised as a "review", especially when KNOWN>flaws/bugs/glitches in the products are not even mentioned in>the "review.">>I have seen A LOT of that at the other site and NONE of that>here.>>AVSIM is the best.>Regards,>JimOh I agree about the reviews even sharp guys like Andrew Herd got a lot of details wrong in his review of Pacific Fighters, from overlooking details like binding keys to commands like manual gear to the fact FS.com never reviewed Forgotten Battles or the Aces Expansion Pack to concentrate on CFS3. Oh well, the reviews here are generally very good.

>>Not to give Tom any ideas, but Avsim offers payware quality>(so to >speak) for free, while FS.com offers crap and makes>you pay to access >it.>>>Well to look at that statement and take it as fact is>incorrect. Many of the exact same packages are uploaded to>both sites. You do not need to pay a dime for access to the>file libraries, as I do not, and have not had any problems.I was speaking in terms of overall content, not just the file libraries. In fact, I'll even concede that FS.com's libraries are larger>>FS.com's seem to all be written by junior highschoolers>failing their >language classes.>>Again, what is the larger purpose of making a statement like>that?>>I fail to see why these two great sites and the members of>both need to point out petty differences of the 'other' site. >Do we not share the same love of aviation? Do we not all>express this love with flight simulation? Statements like the>one made above only further aggravate that attitude, and it is>a shame we can't all live in a world where this attitude>doesn't have to exist. There is no larger purpose to my making that statement, only to give my opinion based on what I've seen. Yes, we all know what opinions are like, but as long as I remain free to express mine, you are free to ignore it. I have never gained anything from the reviews over there. Getting along doesn't mean a person must cram a sock in his mouth because someone might get offended by what's said. It's human nature to bicker. I wish no one ill will, but I don't believe in gagging free expression, unless it breaks rules or creates an outrage among the consensus. My statements did neither.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.