Sign in to follow this  
Beener

No Rwys or Sids/stars in FMC

I'm not sure if it's correlated to the install of the  747 v3 or I just never noticed but recently I've noticed I cannot load any rwys or sids/stars in the FMC at least from these airports that i've noticed so far

KORD, CYVR, UUEE, ZGGG

I know for sure i've flown into CYVR and UUEE in the past with PMDG aircraft and I had no issues.  I've never updated airacs on my machine nor buy any new navdata and I've never had issues.  I've searched online for solutions and as suggested i've deleted the rwy dat file in the NAVDATA PMDG folder and let it rebuild I've run makerwys.exe as well but neither of these resulted in a fix.  I'm looking for ideas what the situation may be and what I can do to fix it so I can select rwys at these airports.  This happens for all pmdg aircraft.

Regards,

Norm Guindon.

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is uninstall the 747, delete the navigation data, and the re-install the 747. Re-installing the 747 will allow it to install the updated navigation data, and it won't do it if it already sees older navigation data.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Please do not uninstall the 747 as a troubleshooting step. It really does create more problems than it cures.  Rather, Kevin is on the right track suspecting your navdata and this is easy enough to check.  In the PMDG\SIDSTAR folder there should be a kord.txt, cyvr.txt., etc.  If those are there then you know that reinstalling is not going to solve this.  If there is a problem then you can use the REPAIR option in the installler (unless you have FSXSE) to replace files.

In that it is multiple locations, I really doubt the navdata theory and think you were right to let it rebuild PMDG\NAVDATA\ ARPT_RWY.dat..., is this the file you deleted?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes that is the file I let rebuild but had no success.  Still have the same issues.

Norm Guindon.

I had only suggested it because somebody else had the same problem a while back, and deleting the one file didn't solve it. Updating the entire navigation data did, but short of purchasing the navigation data entirely, the only way to get the updated navigation data that came with the 747 was to uninstall it, delete the navigation data that was still there, and then re-install it. That solved it for the one person who had this issue.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

35 minutes ago, Beener said:

Yes that is the file I let rebuild but had no success.  Still have the same issues.

Norm Guindon.

Okay Norm, that was one step but what about if you found the sidstar files for those locations? Did you try the repair option?

Dan Downs KCRP

8 minutes ago, downscc said:

Okay Norm, that was one step but what about if you found the sidstar files for those locations? Did you try the repair option?

You referring to the repair option on the 747 exe install file?  I did look in the navdata folder and the txt files are there for KORD and CYVR.  

Norm Guindon.

I wonder if the repair option would repair the navigation data. If you want to try it, move the navigation data and the SIDSTAR folder somewhere else, then try the repair option on the installer file. If it manages to install the navigation data, you can go ahead and delete the navigation data that you just moved.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Good question Kevin, it very well may not restore navdata files.  Any files newer than distributed with that release will not be overwritten regardless.

Exactly what happens when you select KORD before selecting a runway for departure or arrival?  Is there a message?  What is that message?

You have the kord.txt, so I assume you also have airport.dat and wpNavAPT.txt files, all this keep pointing back to the airport runway data file. Interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

KORD has not SIDS of course, as we all know.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I wonder if the repair option would repair the navigation data. If you want to try it, move the navigation data and the SIDSTAR folder somewhere else, then try the repair option on the installer file. If it manages to install the navigation data, you can go ahead and delete the navigation data that you just moved.

This worked like a charm. it's working for all those airports i listed.  Thanks for the ideas, appreciate the help.  I'm my way on another flight!

Norm Guindon.

Good to see you got it to work. If the ident page of the FMC says the current AIRAC is 1702, you can go ahead and delete the old navigation data that you moved since you most likely won't need it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Okay, Kevin we now know the repair can write navdata.  Good to know.

Dan Downs KCRP