Sign in to follow this  
Samueljord

NGX realistic flight control response

Hello! 

I have the NGX setup via FSUIPC, and was wondering if anyone have an input on realistic slope settings? I've flown her missus in a fullflight simulator, and she feels much heavier (but also easier to control) there than on my home setup. I have played around a bit with the settings, but wanted to see what others are used to aswell.

I know there's a limit to what you can achieve when it comes to immersion at home aswell... :) And I use P3D if that matters!

Regards,

Samueljord

Welcome to the PMDG forum, please not that their rules require a full name on every post.

You are asking for opinions, those are like belly buttons in that everyone has one.  In my opinion, PMDG went through great effort designing the aircraft performance and handling outside of the simulator in their own module, later products have taken this further but the NGX product is designed to handle like the real bird.  I simply assign the axis, make sure the center and endpoints are full span and keep it linear.  Don't need FSUIPC for than in most cases.  You'll get other opinions here but I'd be cautious if it comes from a non pilot or one not type rated in the B737.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

To quote PMDG, all their Boeing simulations have: 'engine and flight modeling that is within 5% of the actual Boeing aircraft performance charts, including single-engine operations'. It wouldn't be wise (or legal for that matter) for PMDG to claim that on their product description webpage were that not true.

Now, although I have flown a few airliners in full motion sims, including a 737, I've never flown anything bigger than a twin-engined prop plane in real life and even then, the vast majority of my piloting experience is in gliders. So I, like many other flight simmers, will have to take PMDG's word for it that their 737 NG is indeed within 5 percent of the real thing as far as how it flies is concerned, and I daresay it probably is. But what I can absolutely say for sure, is that no home sim aeroplane, including the gliders I've flown regularly and which I have simulator versions of on my home PC, is ever going to feel like the real thing to me, nor a full motion sim version of it either for that matter, because I'm not sat in something which is blocking out the world and is also a moving platform fooling my senses into thinking I'm flying.

But having said that, since I prefer my flight stick to feel like the gliders I often fly, I removed all of the spring-centering on it to that it flops around like the control in the real thing except when under a big aerodynamic load, and so you might want to try tweaking your controller to make it feel 'heavier' if that is what you feel is lacking.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As Alan says it's down to your controls. I don't have one but something like this is going to get you close to the "feel" of a real NG control yoke.

If you can afford one? http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/hardware/yokes/1074/aircraft-controls-engineering-737-yoke-pro-captain

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Full name is of course noted and fixed :) 

I am aware that all their aircraft is within 5% of the real bird, but there have been certain moments on final where I felt my home sim have been much "lighter" so to say, compared to the full motion 737 sim. Might only be personal preference, or it just feels that way due to the lack of motion at home :laugh: Might have to do a control comparison via the full motion sim again.

When it comes to controls, I forgot to mention I have a full set of CH products (yoke, TQ and pedals), so on that front I'm settled. My yoke is factory, so I have all the spring-centering still intact. I like it that way aswell, but thanks for the tips!