DDS textures export

Weight and fuel system redesigned for XP11

Engine tuning for XP11

Flight model tuning for XP11

Propeller animation corrections

Other small adjustments related to XP11

• Upvote 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I installed it and took it for a quick tour.

Warning: this bird begs for yoke and pedals!

I could not see a problem, but I had no time to do a proper circuit.

OK so I tried 172 with XP11. I'm very impressed. Juts like the real thing :)

Could you feel the engine vibration on the yoke? :ampun:

Truly a fantastic aircraft in XP11. I buy all the decent looking aircraft when the come out for XP, I bought this for 10 hoping it worked in 11 but alas 'twas not to be. I really must say that of all the aircraft I have, this is the best in the stable. I'm not a pilot but I've participated in many a check ride in 172's and from what I can see this feels like the real thing, certainly as real as it gets in a simulator. This brings me real joy! What more can one ask really?

11 hours ago, N1G said:

Could you feel the engine vibration on the yoke? :ampun:

I never feel engine vibration on the yoke unless mags timing is off :)

I mini review.

Great airplane feels, flies very close to real S model. Very impressive pice of work overall.

Here some observations :

1. Turbulence in cumulus clouds kind of a exaggerated . Yes you can get rocked like that with gust 20-30 its in the mountains range but not in regular cumulus clouds.  

2. Would be nice to have a seat hight adjustment. I don't seat that high in real life (my personal preference)

3. Seems like real S can be decelerate a little bit easier . Again very subjective issue. It could be just me.

4. Dynamic head movement effect is great but in real life my head doesn't bounce like that :) Of course it can be turned off in the setting,  but if you prefer to keep this option "on" instrument flying could be a challenge

5. Gauges reflection is not very realistic.  I'm pretty sure it could be tweaked later.

16 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

2. Would be nice to have a seat hight adjustment. I don't seat that high in real life (my personal preference)

You can use the camera movement key to adjust your view and save it on numpad
(The only way to adjust default view point would be editing the file using Plane Maker)

3. Seems like real S can be decelerate a little bit easier . Again very subjective issue. It could be just me.

Something seems weird on that XP11 version, and if you still have XP10 available you can compare with latest XP10 version, simply doing a few circuits using same weather and location you'll see a very different behavior.

5. Gauges reflection is not very realistic.  I'm pretty sure it could be tweaked later.

Its probably the dirt layer it wasn't great on XP10 but its really bad on XP11. You can disable it using the plane menu (settings).

For some reason default XP11 camera movements  keys don't work inside 172. I've been playing with different views may be something has to do with it. I'll try again 

22 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I never feel engine vibration on the yoke unless mags timing is off :)

My Dad and I when flying the 172 out of KVNY, he always mentioned the vibration. So maybe that was it, the timing.  All these years and did not even think about the timing. Thanks!

Bob

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

For some reason default XP11 camera movements  keys don't work inside 172. I've been playing with different views may be something has to do with it. I'll try again 

Make sure the camera settings (side plane menu) is not set to G-Effect Advance I know that setting prevent the default X-Plane camera movement. Any of the other 2 (OFF or Compatibility Mode) allow you to change your camera view. 

1 hour ago, RedPxl said:

Make sure the camera settings (side plane menu) is not set to G-Effect Advance I know that setting prevent the default X-Plane camera movement. Any of the other 2 (OFF or Compatibility Mode) allow you to change your camera view. 

Thanks. I think G-Effect Advance was on. I will try it again.

I recently installed X-Plane 11 and am very impressed with the simulator and with the default C172.

The feeling of flight and control is very close to the real thing.

I have read many good things about the Airfoillabs C172 but APART from the menus for hangar, engine, walkaround, etc, is it really that different to the new stock C172? Are there still errors or bugs that need ironing out in X-Plane 11?

I want to choose one plane to fly with on Pilotedge and want to choose the most realistic version. 

Thanks,

Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10