Sign in to follow this  
richardnewnes

PMDG tutorial flight for 747-400

Hi there,

on page 41 it mentions a tutorial flight from Geneva to Berlin. How do I load this and is it a audio tutorial like in MSFX training school  ?

Full names on every post in the PMDG forums please.

Which tutorial? Are you looking at the tutorial for the legacy FS9/FSX product?  Page 41 in the B747v3 QOTSII Tutorial is activating the route in the FMS and has no mention of other tutorials.  I'd recommend ignoring any materials for the legacy product and stick to the QOTSII materials because there have been so many changes... many many changes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Thanks for quick reply. I have purchased PMDG 747-400X Queen of the Skies for Flight Simulator X by Aerosoft v2. I have just realised you just have to follow all the instructions on the next 21 pages. Wish me luck. Thanks for your help.

Richard Newnes

You are posting in the wrong support forum, as this one is for the current Boeing 747-400 V3, known as the Queen of the Skies II. The Boeing 747-400X would actually be the Boeing 747-400 V2. I don't believe that version used the Queen of the Skies moniker. The support forum you want is under the legacy products forum.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/352-pmdg-747-400-legacy-versions/

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi Captain Kevin,

Can you explain what "legacy product" is. THere is no mention of "legacy" on my disc, cover or manuals.I realize I have Boeing 747-400 V2. But where is the correct forum. THanks for your patience with me.

Richard Newnes

legacy  as  far  as  i know  is  for  the older version  of  the  addons   that are  superseded  by  the newer  ones

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, richardnewnes said:

Can you explain what "legacy product" is. THere is no mention of "legacy" on my disc, cover or manuals.I realize I have Boeing 747-400 V2. But where is the correct forum. THanks for your patience with me.

It was in the link in my last post, and your disc wouldn't have any mention of it being a legacy product because at the time, nobody could predict that it would turn into an older product that was superseded by V3.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.