Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

Aerocache problem?

I was just out collecting the new Aerocaches, and what I noticed was that we usually get an indication when we get close, it lets you know and gives you the name of it. It seems to be collecting them at that time instead of when you get closer to it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Good day all!

51 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

I was just out collecting the new Aerocaches, and what I noticed was that we usually get an indication when we get close, it lets you know and gives you the name of it. It seems to be collecting them at that time instead of when you get closer to it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Good day all!

Yes, I just tried the new aerocaches and some of them are indeed collected before you see the indication. Maybe these two values got mixed up when adding them in the Addon Manager.

I authored many of those, but unfortunately, despite testing them all, they did not turn out quite the way I intended.  The "Activation Distance" was set out too far, hence you can easily achieve most of these just by flying fairly close.  Testing in Pending mode does not show how close you actually need to be to claim the cache.  My placing the Aerocache icon in a challenging spot at the location does not come into play.  Lesson learned! 

• Upvote 1

I thought pending mode should be the exact same as when they are acquired for real.  It should just not remember whether you captured it or not.  Which ones are bad?  I can probably update them.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Stonelance,

These new Aerocaches all have their "Activation Distance" set too far out.  (in some cases 1000 meters)  If you could change them to 10 meters, they would be much more challenging.

Desert Power, TV Moscow, Rio Landmark, Cold Storage, Pan Pacific, Beeched in Sydney, Bridge to Somewhere, Forbidden City, The Big One, United HQ, Triumphant Arch of the Star, London Eye, Kaze no To, Hillary's Hill, Acropolis, Meow Meow, Home of Finnair, Pretty Gaudy, Hangar 1600, Shanghai WFC.

Thanks again for all your dedicated work!  -Tom

If these are updated, how will they be acquired? I mean, will they automatically be overwritten when the program starts? Or something like that? This would be great to do them all over with a more challenging distance mark. Looking forward to it. Many thanks for all the work.

Ok i updated them all with new distances.  If you have acquired them already there isn't really a good way to reset them without manually modifying your local profile.

• Upvote 1