Sign in to follow this  
Richard514

yoke and stick limited

Saitek stick and ch yoke both yield only about half range of travel.  this is a new condition after great success in past.

Help please.

I have calibrated in the FSX options/settings/controls and I have the standard [flight_tuning] in the aircraft.cfg.

Welcome to the forum, please note PMDG requires full names on all posts.  See pinned forum rules.

I am a little concerned with the statement "I have the standard[flight_tuning] in the aircraft.cfg."  You should never touch the PMDG aircraft.cfg files.

Where do you see the half range control travel, in the calibration or in the aircraft systems display on lower display unit?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for responding.  Full name OK.

I have only ever touched the aircraft.cfg once in another aircraft where I changed the 1.0 to 1.5 of the elevator/ailerons/rudder to make that aircraft less goosey.  I have since returned those settings to the original 1.0 and have never touched the aircraft.cfg in any other aircraft.  I looked at the file in the 737ngx just to assure than the settings were standard.

The half range is seen in the 737 cockpit and outside looking at the control surfaces.  Movement of the yoke (or stick) gives only a limited (half?) range of movement.  In aircraft other than the 737NGX I have full movement.

In settings/controls I have set the calibration to full sensitivity in both simple and advanced.  I have recalibrated several times with no change in the partial movement.

Richard Harris

Hi Richard.  Half range as seen in the cockpit looking at the yokes or are you looking at the SYS display on the lower display unit?  Do you have hydraulic pressure?  There is limited control surface movement without hydro.  FSX or P3D?  Not sure what "advanced" calibration is, for example in FSX one selects calibrate > properties > settings to adjust center and span.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you downscc!  It was hydro pressure with engine start.  Everything is as it should be, and all OK.  I apologize for taking your time.

Richard Harris

Did the same only I noticed it with unresponsive rudder pedals. Great to run a real sim huh?