Sign in to follow this  
Aleksandar Susnjar

PMDG 777 unstable flight in P3D v3.4

I have recently upgraded to P3D v3.4 and newest 777. I initially thought that the rocking I saw was due to EZCA EZdok but it seems that it isn't. Basically, the aircraft would be violently rocking up, down, left and right thought out the whole flight. The aircraft would also have a problem keeping altitude. Weather does not seem to be the cause either. When flying though 25 or 75 knot winds, the rocking would stay the same. Altitudes also wouldn't have an effect since the violent rocking would start right after departure from an airport. Is this usual? Does anybody else have these rocking motions during flight? Can anyone recommend what to check or do to solve this?  

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules ask for our full names on all posts.

This certainly is not normal.  Try it with no weather and no EZdok.  I'm not sure which but one of those "camera addons" also introduce violent ambient air variances that are supposedly adding realism. Simply rule out external influences and report back.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK... updated my name. EZdok was present but the "bobbing" was off and it is not (just) about the view - instruments show the instability. Will try to figure out how to let you see the video recording of the screen for more details...

I'm not interested in a video although others may watch it.  I'd much prefer a description of what the problem is.  Remove EZdok and weather and give it a try.

Dan Downs KCRP

I would also suggest disabling EZdok. Even with all the effects turned off it will still interfere with the simulation.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

OK ... another update. If I "global disable" EZdok the problem disappears (it is not enough to choose non-EZCA views or disable the "dynamic head movement"). It is interesting that, while EZdok is enabled, even if non EZCA views are used the instability is still present and evident on instruments - it isn't just the view that is unstable. Is there any way to correct this?

12 minutes ago, Aleksandar Susnjar said:

Is there any way to correct this?

Currently there are no corrections. Any corrections must come from EZCA/EZdok. It is there product causing the issue. PMDG has nothing to do with the issue. 

Oh, I did not mean from PMDG ... Question was general. But I was able to answer my own question. This is for EZCA2 (v2):

1. Open EZdok Studio
  2. Click "Edit" button to the right of the "Effects processor" in the bottom left corner. A dialog popup will appear.
  3. In the left half of the dialog window there is a table with three columns including "Camera" and "Fuselage".  In the top two sections reduce all values in the "Fuselage" column to 0 (Main channel, Thrust, Engine, Turbulence / None, Lite, Moderate, Heavy and Severe). This is done by click+hold the cell and moving/dragging the mouse down. When you reach the value of 0 the value will disappear.

As shown here:

TuHhKcY.png

It may be possible to do less (e.g. only the top section, leave the turbulence in) or, perhaps (didn't try) turn off that "Fuselage shakes" setting to the right, in the "Main Channel".

Edited by Aleksandar Susnjar
Added a note at the end - it is possible to do less.

When EZdok v2 was released it was stated quite clearly that the available profiles were tailormade for that particular aircraft, none of which included the PMDG range. So rather than wait for someone else or, indeed the author who is busy constantly updating the software, I tailor made my own profile for the 737/747 using the methods you mention above. I personally am very pleased with E v2, I now get vibration when deploying the speedbrake and shaking as I enter clouds. Also remember, as mentioned above, Ev2 is still under development. I also own and use Chaseplane.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I participate in the beta test Ezdok Camera. Now the final stage of the beta test rider global update to version 2.5. Were made big changes in the effect processor and according to our observations the problem with PMDG737/777 should disappear. Very soon will release Ezdok Camera 2.5.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020