Sign in to follow this  
svfranchini

Strange effect

Can't see whatever you're linking, fwiw

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

What is the problem?  What is 'ugly?'  Looks normal to me.  If you are expecting bright cabin windows then maybe your expectations are wrong.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

What is the problem?  What is 'ugly?'  Looks normal to me.  If you are expecting bright cabin windows then maybe your expectations are wrong.

we must be  seeing  different  pictures  than  you can clearly  see  what the issue  is

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm seeing a rectangular patch on the fuselage rather than a proper area of illumination via the light in the wing root

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I'm seeing a rectangular patch on the fuselage rather than a proper area of illumination via the light in the wing root

Yes! Do you know how to solve it? When inside clouds or low visibility not only that fuselage area but the pax and cockpit windows are not affected by low vis. They are too bright. Those areas are depicted as cavok conditions. In fsx for example if you are flying inside clouds or low visibility area you can't see the aircraft. Any of you have experienced the same problem?.

ThankYou

Santiago Villacorta

Sadly I don't know how to solve it. :( Perhaps it is something to do with the different alpha channels for the glass and the fuselage representing the different reflective properties of glass and metal... and how the light cone image is drawn.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Are these default liveries? Provided by PMDG?

If not, there's your problem; the repaints are not up to snuff. The night texture is tricky to get right, speaking from my limited experience.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Do you have the latest video drivers for your video card?

Mark Trainer

5 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Sadly I don't know how to solve it. :( Perhaps it is something to do with the different alpha channels for the glass and the fuselage representing the different reflective properties of glass and metal... and how the light cone image is drawn.

Yeah; could be that!

3 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Are these default liveries? Provided by PMDG?

If not, there's your problem; the repaints are not up to snuff. The night texture is tricky to get right, speaking from my limited experience.

Both, default and others downloaded from AVSIM.

2 hours ago, mtrainer said:

Do you have the latest video drivers for your video card?

Mark Trainer

Yes, the last one. Do you use P3D? If yes could you check when in low visibility with landing lights turned on?

Thanks all for replying!

Any effects packages installed, such as 737 Immersion? If so, could be related to that.

Andre