Sign in to follow this  
spilok

None of my gauges or electrics will turn on?

Today I noticed that my Avionics will not turn on in any plane.  What could have happened,  and how do I correct this.  This is the first time I've ever had this happen.  I did do a Windows 10 update yesterday, but I don't think that would have interfered with FSX.  I believe I've flown after that too.  I was turning off some "services" in my Task Manager, because I was plagued with that insidious blue circle spinning on my desktop.  Perhaps I turned off a critical service or process.  Please help if you have any ideas.  Planes are started and running but no gauge avionics at all.

Stan

Status of electrical and Avionics switch?  Battery on, Generators on?  Maybe time for a new FSX.cfg?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I reverted back to my former Windows 10 version.  Gauges seem to have come back, but things are really, really slow and I have that DAMN BLUE SWIRLING CIRCLE in Windows 10 that keeps going and going.  Do any of you brilliant simmers know how to get my stable cursor back without the swirling blue circle in constant motion.  It slows everything down including FSX.   I would really appreciate the advice on how to solve that problem if you have done it.

Stan

Have you checked to see if there's any particularly troublesome Win10 updates which may cause programs to hang or run slow whilst Windows is waiting to do further updates?

I don't have any solution because I'm on Win7 ultimate 64bit, sorry.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Wish I never left Windows 7.  I'll check to see if anyone has had problems with any of the latest updates to Windows 10.

Thanks.

Stan

Heard it might be related to JAVA.  I remember doing an update a few days ago.  I regretted it.  I'll try to remove it.

Stan

8 hours ago, spilok said:

Wish I never left Windows 7.  I'll check to see if anyone has had problems with any of the latest updates to Windows 10.

Thanks.

Stan

Even on Win7 I rarely do any updates and if I do, I look at each one to see what they are for. Since I use the computer for simming only, I don't feel the need to run many updates for fear of breaking something. I don't even update my video card drivers since they never seem to produce any noticeable improvements in FSX. Once I get a stable system, I tend to leave it alone.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I FOUND THE CULPRITS:    A combination of the NEW Windows 10 update was number 1.  I reverted back to the version before the update.  That helped with the gauges. And finally I got rid of the continuous swirling blue circle cursor which was slowing everything down...including FSX, by ELIMINATING JAVA.   I find no real use to JAVA except that it causes conflicts in my system. 

Thanks for all your input.  I will watch for the future updates.

Stan