Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan93102

ORBX Scenery Re-install

Hello all, 

I am having issues with slow loading/blurry scenery textures in Prepar3D V3.4. I have a powerful system and never used to have these issues when I first got it back in December. 

I read on the P3D Facebook group that sometimes uninstalling and  re-installing all of my ORBX scenery might rectify the issue. I was just wanting to ask advice on here before I did this. Would I just uninstall via FTX Central 3? 

I should note I have no tweaks in my Prepar3D config file. 

Thanks for your time and Happy Easter. 

Jonathan 

- Jonathan Daley

Hi Jonathan,

What is "a powerful system?" Specs please. What other addons are installed?

Rename or delete your "prepar3d.cfg" and let P3D build a new one. Don't touch anything and see if things are better.

Try disabling the ORBX scenery before attempting the headache of uninstalling and reinstalling. Nick Cooper, on the ORBX forums, has a how-to for uninstalling/cleaning ORBX scenery if it comes to that.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Hi Jonathan,

What is "a powerful system?" Specs please. What other addons are installed?

Rename or delete your "prepar3d.cfg" and let P3D build a new one. Don't touch anything and see if things are better.

Try disabling the ORBX scenery before attempting the headache of uninstalling and reinstalling. Nick Cooper, on the ORBX forums, has a how-to for uninstalling/cleaning ORBX scenery if it comes to that.

Hello there, 

Thanks for your response. I'm not really up on all the specs and I couldn't tell you them off the top of my head. Basically I have one of the Chillblast Flight Sim PC's with a GTX 1080. 

I don't suppose you have a link to the forum on Nicks ORBX un-installation? 

Thanks, 

Jonathsn 

- Jonathan Daley

17 hours ago, Jonathan93102 said:

don't suppose you have a link to the forum on Nicks ORBX un-installation? 

No, not off the top of my head.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe