Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

New Build, FSX or wait for P3D V4

Kinda excited about V4... but right now, I have uninstalled Prepar3D and installed X-Plane.
Currently, I have no intention of installing P3D again, before V4 is released... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 4/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, downscc said:

Exactly, major software upgrades never happen on schedule.  P3Dv4 is pure speculation and rumor fueled by a scenery developer that announced they had access to the beta, which seems very strange that a scenery developer would be "read into the program" but not major aircraft developers like PMDG and others.  Pure hype for now and probably for awhile.

My advice is to keep in mind that software has a 4-5 year half life, hardware is obsolete in 5 years, so don't use a planning horizon for your computer purchases that are much further out than 6 months.

FSLabs is working for a 64bit sim, they are preparing a rollout for SP1 and A319/21 as well as for 64bit support. Not sure what sim he's specifying but clearly it is not X-Plane as Andrew said X-Plane development is out of a scope currently. So I'm guessing it's P3D. Check it out if you are interested.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/12629-sp1-due-soon/

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

10 hours ago, Return7 said:

FSLabs is working for a 64bit sim, they are preparing a rollout for SP1 and A319/21 as well as for 64bit support. Not sure what sim he's specifying but clearly it is not X-Plane as Andrew said X-Plane development is out of a scope currently. So I'm guessing it's P3D. Check it out if you are interested.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/12629-sp1-due-soon/

Haha..., I didn't read the same thing you did in that.  Setting up an architecture for 64b is a long ways from developing software ready to port to 64b, which is where PMDG is already.  PMDG uses 64b development environment and has designed an architecture for network implementation.  Unless there are unexpected surprises in the LM 64b SDK, at most I think PMDG only needs to recompile their modules with a 64b target instead of a 32b target. It's not hat big of deal from the development side.  l'm sure it will be as easy for FSLabs as PMDG, I don't know why it would be different.

Dan Downs KCRP