Sign in to follow this  
JHKay

Drzewiecki Miami v1.4 and more

Seeing that this had supposedly been updated to v1.4 in Sept. 2016, I duly downloaded the revised file from my account.  On inspection, it seems identical to an earlier version (with the files mostly dated 3 May 2015).  The only exception I can find is the installation doc. which is from Sept 2016, and mentions XP11.  Is that it?

The updated NYC package, however, has completely new files throughout.  Strange.

BTW, when one installs both packages, one after the other,  the scenery.ini can likely put bits in the wrong place.  In the hierarchy, where should the 000 Drzewiecki Design Library lie in relation to the city XP and terrain directories  (which, I believe should be in that order)?  It's a pity that the instructions don't tell you just that!

It seems to work, as I did it originally, but scenery.ini does look a little jumbled in relation to these particular sceneries.  I'm thinking of getting the NYC airports, and removing my KJFK v2.   Any opinions would be most welcome.  

BTW, I am asking this for XP10.51 on a Mac.  I have not tried to put much extra into my XP11 installation, as I'm still not using it very often, to be honest.

(I will post this in the .org scenery forum too, in the hope that one or other location will provide me with an answer)

I don't have this package, yet.  I know it's not what you asked, but since you have it, how's performance in XP?  Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I was hoping DD would update Miami with the lite textures option.  Since I only fly PMDG, I usually wing up with an OOM.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

3 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

I don't have this package, yet.  I know it's not what you asked, but since you have it, how's performance in XP?  Thanks

I use NYC, Miami, and Washington in XP.  They look and work great!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Luis:  Can you confirm the order of the DD entries in your scenery_packs.ini file please?

Anux00:  Obviously, there's a frame hit with all those buildings, but it's not terrible, and looks great.  Depending on your system, you may have to lower some other parameters a little to help out!