Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XEnviro not working?

For the last couple of days, if I run XEnviro, only clear skies show, now cloud formations...even today, when the sound of rain was within XP11.  I then switched to XP11 Clouds, and immediately the sky filled with what one would expect.  Is xEnviro (servers) down?

So to repeat, with it set to ON, no cloud creation of any kind.  Anybody else seeing this?

35 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Anybody else seeing this?

Confirmed...but the servers may not be down...certainly serving up clear skies either way.

works fine here too.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

All good here too Mitch; at least in my location. Maybe there are some oddities in the data at certain locations; something I've seen in AS2016 from time to time, where its given me clear sky's when it was very much overcast.

Thanks for all the responses, everyone!  Much appreciated.  I have been away over Easter, so hadn't had a chance to see if I can get some clouds happening. Will try now...and then see what gives.

xEnviro 1.06 has totally stopped working.  It shows as engaged, but will produce no cloud sets of any kind. Totally clear sky. I wonder if with XP11 RC1,  it stopped working, and I have only noticed in the last few flights.  

Where is the pref file that one could delete....?  What folder?

Over at their support forum, one of the devs mentioned that they've had a few cases of dropped activations with XP11 1.0. Apparently the plugin doesn't tell you if it can't access the server because of an activation problem?

Anyway, you might try uninstalling and re-installing XEnviro to see if that's the problem, because the activation should kick in (or not) at that point. File a ticket on their web site if the problem persists.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

57 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Over at their support forum, one of the devs mentioned that they've had a few cases of dropped activations with XP11 1.0. Apparently the plugin doesn't tell you if it can't access the server because of an activation problem?

Anyway, you might try uninstalling and re-installing XEnviro to see if that's the problem, because the activation should kick in (or not) at that point. File a ticket on their web site if the problem persists.

I believe it is the W10 Update Firewall settings.  Not allowing xEnviro to work.

I've discovered exactly what it is:   W10 Creative Update

Creative Update's heightened Firewall Security is not allowing xEnviro plugin to communicate on any port.  I just tried XP10, and the same thing, xEnviro no longer works in that version.

So...it is a W10 C.U. issue...

On 4/15/2017 at 9:08 AM, gpb500 said:

Confirmed...but the servers may not be down...certainly serving up clear skies either way.

You're probably running W10 Creative Update.   I can't get xEviro to display clouds, now in EITHER XP10 or XP11, since updating.  I believe it is the Creative Update enhanced Firewall that is interfering with this program. Until somebody proves me wrong, I'd say that the current version of xEnrio v1.06 and the W10 Creator Update are not compatible.

38 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I've discovered exactly what it is:   W10 Creative Update

Creative Update's heightened Firewall Security is not allowing xEnviro plugin to communicate on any port.  I just tried XP10, and the same thing, xEnviro no longer works in that version.

So...it is a W10 C.U. issue...

Meanwhile, I'm flying high in Windows 10 non-Creator's Update without XE.  Muuuuahahaha. :biggrin:

Seriously though, couldn't it be just as easy to tag XE's exe (say that 5 times fast) as an exception through the firewall, just like you would with Defender and any other anti-virus program?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit