Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XEnviro not working?

17 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Meanwhile, I'm flying high in Windows 10 non-Creator's Update without XE.  Muuuuahahaha. :biggrin:

Seriously though, couldn't it be just as easy to tag XE's exe (say that 5 times fast) as an exception through the firewall, just like you would with Defender and any other anti-virus program?

I tried that, Jimm...no go.  It absolutely is non compatible with W10 Creator Update.   I just rolled back, and now have xEnviro v1.6 working perfectly both in XP10 and XP11 with the W10 Anniversary Edition.  I'm sticking with this, by deferring the Creator Update.  It was that, and that alone!

For those that might want to also roll back while you still have the chance (less than 25 days with the C.U. running...), it only takes 5 minutes, and you are back to the Ann Edition.  If you are not getting a working cloud scape with xEnviro, then roll back, and that will take care of the issue.

54 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

For those that might want to also roll back while you still have the chance (less than 25 days with the C.U. running...)

I am following this thread with great interest.  Not sure what you mean by the above statement?  I am running XP11 on Windows 7.  Will I be affected?

Great thread!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PDX Flyer said:

I am following this thread with great interest.  Not sure what you mean by the above statement?  I am running XP11 on Windows 7.  Will I be affected?

Great thread!

How it works, is that when you 'morph' to the next update, the reason that it takes soooooooooooooooo long for the update routines to get you there, is that the routines create all back-ups of your present O.S., so if that should you wish to 'roll back', to a prior version of Windows, those files will be there to copy back, into the Windows Folder, and soon thereafter, you would have your earlier Windows version intact. That is what happened this afternoon. Now, Microsoft only allows about three weeks, time period that you CAN DO THIS...for if you go beyond that...Microsoft assumes that you wish to keep your present Windows version and will then run a auto-routine that will clean all the files that would allow you to roll back to an earlier version.   That's why you need to roll back before around 21 days...before all the files are wiped out and your system cleaned of those histronic files.

It took almost an hour to updape from W10 Ann, to W10 C.U.  When I started the Recovery/rollback routine, it only took literally 5 minutes for the routine to restore my W10 Ann Edition.  Everything post restore, was there just as it was, when I updated to W10 C.U.   You lose nothing, and do not have to reinstall software, or licences.  It was as you left it...and you can carry on.  As soon as I was back at my W10 Ann Desktop, I fired up XP11, and xEnviro v1.06 created the proper cloud-scape for the weather in my area.  All is good now.  I would hope that the xEnviro Devs are aware that their present software is not allowed through the W10 C.U.  FireWall port protection.  I hope they address this somehow....

Post Edit:  You actually only have 10 days to decide to stay with the latest O.S. or to roll back.  I thought it was 21 days.  Nope...just checked my back-up log.  You can roll back 10 days or less....

Working fine here with W10CU Mitch, hope it stays that way!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

7 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Working fine here with W10CU Mitch, hope it stays that way!

Good for you, my friend.  Watch out for those updates, lol!   Both XP10 and 11 with xEnviro, now working fine once more, with W10 Ann Edition.

Everyone using Home or Pro?  Or a mix?  Those with Home it works, those with Pro it doesn't?  Vice Versa?

8 minutes ago, Gavenger said:

Everyone using Home or Pro?  Or a mix?  Those with Home it works, those with Pro it doesn't?  Vice Versa?

Win10 Pro 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

What port is XE trying to use?  Is it excepted in Windows Firewall?  What protocol is it using?  Did you reset your internet router this weekend (probably not, but just checking)?

I am at work and can't look at this on my machine.  I just got Creators Update over the weekend but didn't have the time to turn on X-plane yet.  I can test tonight, but I am running Win10 Home on the simulator.

16 minutes ago, Gavenger said:

What port is XE trying to use?  Is it excepted in Windows Firewall?  What protocol is it using?  Did you reset your internet router this weekend (probably not, but just checking)?

I am at work and can't look at this on my machine.  I just got Creators Update over the weekend but didn't have the time to turn on X-plane yet.  I can test tonight, but I am running Win10 Home on the simulator.

I can't tell you now, because I have rolled back. Didn't reset my router, and after some W10 CU updates,  XE went south, both in XP10 and 11.  XE is now running fine again under W10 Ann, and getting great FPS as well.  Actually, (smile...)  I am getting the same FPS, that I had when running the W10 CU Game Mode.  Not sure now that it really did anything for my flight sims to boost FPS....oh well. XE is running well, loading up the sky, and am a Happy Camper once more.

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

xEnviro 1.06 has totally stopped working.  It shows as engaged, but will produce no cloud sets of any kind. Totally clear sky. I wonder if with XP11 RC1,  it stopped working, and I have only noticed in the last few flights.  

Where is the pref file that one could delete....?  What folder?

:\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences\xEnviro.prf

Make sure to also redo your settings.

Win 10 Pro CU works fine here

4 hours ago, ohsirus said:

Win 10 Pro CU works fine here

ditto

no problems here (i`m now with build 16176.rs_prerelease.170410-1642).

I'm on the latest public, and fully updated, release of WIn10 Creative (home) and have no problems with xE or anything else for that matter. I did have some non FS niggles after the initial up date to CE so did a re-install using the ISO which corrected all the problems (mostly relating to the start menu and items being blank) I had.

On my system, changing Win10 seemed to change the ID that the X-Enviro server was seeing.  Send a ticket to the xenviro.net website and tell them you're not getting through to their weather server.  They are very fast at resetting things.  Their customer service is very good.