Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XEnviro not working?

I recently submitted a ticket to XENVIRO:

"I am just about ready to buy your product. I have seen a tread on the AVSIM XP forum that people are having problems by only getting clear weather. Have you been having problems with your server? I would hate to spend $70 and only see clear weather. Normally, how dependable has your product been?"

Here was their response:

"X-Enviro runs on a huge server that performs other functions unrelated to X-Enviro weather. It is online 24/7/365 with only one or two annual maintenance down times of maybe two hours total in a year's time.

FYI, the reason X-Enviro shows CAVOK weather for some users is because either the user does not have a legitimate copy, or they have changed an e-mail address or hardware and the server does not recognize it. That is almost never an issue, and our response times are very quick to reset when needed. There is no limit on the number of resets for legitimate owners."

I think this relates directly to the title of this thread.

PDX

Just as a follow-up to my early post stating "confirmed"...I may not have been having an issue, my test was very basic and really didn't confirm anything.  I checked two locations including where I live when it was overcast but with XE showing clear skies.  Assumption was XE was having an issue...have no idea if that was true or weather reports were delayed or something else.  Haven't seen it since...and I did check the log and it was working.  When the server is down (happened once during a maintenance period), XP gets angry and crashes.  For me XE was money well-spent.

20 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

I recently submitted a ticket to XENVIRO:

"I am just about ready to buy your product. I have seen a tread on the AVSIM XP forum that people are having problems by only getting clear weather. Have you been having problems with your server? I would hate to spend $70 and only see clear weather. Normally, how dependable has your product been?"

Here was their response:

"X-Enviro runs on a huge server that performs other functions unrelated to X-Enviro weather. It is online 24/7/365 with only one or two annual maintenance down times of maybe two hours total in a year's time.

FYI, the reason X-Enviro shows CAVOK weather for some users is because either the user does not have a legitimate copy, or they have changed an e-mail address or hardware and the server does not recognize it. That is almost never an issue, and our response times are very quick to reset when needed. There is no limit on the number of resets for legitimate owners."

I think this relates directly to the title of this thread.

PDX

Well, if they can count going from W10 Anna, to W10 CU, as a 'hardware change'...who knows?  I do know that just after my going to the W10 CU, XE did work, but then stopped as some W10CU updates were posted to my system.  I reverted back to W10 Anna, and XE started working properly, both again, in XP10 and 11.  Legit copy here...from the get go.  I'm going to wait until I am forced to go back to W10 CU, as I don't see truly any performance benefit between W10 Anna, and W10 CU.  I have trued both...and they both seem to be about the same.  BTW, I didn't have to do anything regarding my installation of XE, after my roll-back to W10 Anna. It just started working as you'd expect.

Simply send them a ticket if something changes.  I understand there is no limit on the number of resets for paid users.  They are usually very quick to respond.