Sign in to follow this  
mansour

Some questions for the PMDG 747-400 Developers?

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I guess it was a little hard to tell in the video that the spoilers were coming up.

Look really, really close between each of the spoiler panels and you can see them lift slightly and then stow again when the turn is neutralized.

I can see it on my 27 inch iMac, but depending on your monitor size and resolution, maybe you can't visually tell. I can tell on my iPad Pro, but just barely.

3 hours ago, mansour said:

I forget to ask about "HI FLOW" on the head panel when did we use it in our flight

In a passenger airplane, there are 4 reciculation fans, 2 upper and 2 lower that recirculate air and help reduce the demand for air from the engines. The packs have 2 flow settings, normal and high flow. The packs on the ground, in the air during climb and descent are in high flow with 2 of the 4 recirculation fans operating. In cruise, the packs go to normal flow, and all 4 recirculation fans operate. If the airflow and ventilation are not enough, you can turn the HI FLOW on and that will override the automatic control and manually put the packs in high flow.

This used to be used more when passengers were allowed to smoke and the cabin could be cleared more forcefully if the packs were in high flow versus normal flow if the recirc fans were not doing the job.

So when would you use it Flight Simming, no need to...

I recall one airline had problems with the IFE generating too much heat... and sometimes required HI FLOW to be selected in cruise.

I think there were a few MELs which required the use of HI FLOW, but I can't recall which (memory failure) :P

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

16 hours ago, Captain_Al said:

Look really, really close between each of the spoiler panels and you can see them lift slightly and then stow again when the turn is neutralized.

I can see it on my 27 inch iMac, but depending on your monitor size and resolution, maybe you can't visually tell. I can tell on my iPad Pro, but just barely.

My laptop is 15.6-inch screen, so hard to tell, although even hooked up to a 24-inch TV, unless I have my face right up to the TV, I can't tell, either. I'm getting old here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.