Sign in to follow this  
rwcatherall

A/P Problem

I've just purchased and installed the 777. Everything works just fine with the exception of when I land and turn off the A/P a "Horn" starts to blow

and I can't seem to turn it off. This happens also when I'm on approach and take over manually or autoland and disconnect the the A/P. So obviously I'm

missing something.

Robert Catherall

3 hours ago, rwcatherall said:

when I land and turn off the A/P a "Horn" starts to blow and I can't seem to turn it off.

Whatever you used to turn the autopilot off will also turn the "Horn" off if pressed again. So it is one press to turn the A/P off and a second press of the same button to turn off the warning. See page 87 and 88 of the Introduction Manual for more on the subject.

Robert,

I remember this issue from when the 777 was released. It was in the documentation, and the fix is available via the CDU Setup.

Since it's been several years, I had to Google "PMDG Autopilot Horn" to find the answer - immediate answer too rather than waiting for a response to a post.

My very best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank you for  directing me the PMDG Instruction Manual. I found the information on Page 44 as follows:

"I turned off the autopilot, but I can’t silence the alarm:
You need to press the autopilot disconnect button on your joystick (or the Z key) twice in order to silence the alarm. Make the first press, wait a second or two and then press it again. If you double-press too fast, it won’t silence. Always use the disconnect button, don’t use the disconnect “bar” on the MCP – you’ll have the siren constantly going off if you do."

Thank you again for your assistance.

Bob

Robert Catherall