Sign in to follow this  
canders2

PMDG Wood Pigeon???

So what's the significance of the cargo boxes in the 747 being labeled "Wood Pigeon?!"

Well...

There could be toys ... or live animals inside ... :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

nah your  wrong  there, its  quite  obvious is  it  written on the boxes  them  selves,  its  filled  with wood pigeons

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It's simple, if enough of us fly sufficient wood pidgeon parts to the PMDG headquaters it may finally be released!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I was disappointed that the Wood Pidgeon is in crates, I was hoping to see one strapped to a pallet.  I think they'd fit in the B744 without removing wings but maybe not. 

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

I was disappointed that the Wood Pidgeon is in crates, I was hoping to see one strapped to a pallet.  I think they'd fit in the B744 without removing wings but maybe not. 

The woodpigeon had folding wings, it was less than 8 feet wide with them folded and only 20 feet long, so it would fit in for sure.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We've waited far too long for the Woodpigeon after (in true forum style) "PMDG promised" it would be released. As a result of this unacceptable delay I will never buy another PMDG product, the company will fold, the world will enter recession, Glamorgan will win the County Championship and the Browns the Superbowl.

I hope this helps.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, canders2 said:

So what's the significance of the cargo boxes in the 747 being labeled "Wood Pigeon?!"

Running forum joke of sorts.

...and also the reason for the naming of the 'group' I'm working with on my projects (/my forum signature banner).

Kyle Rodgers

It's a conspiracy, they're developing the next generation of Free-Moving camera system for the next-gen sim.

Pigeon: The Ultimate Camera System.
"Get the angles only a birds eyes have."

Features:

-Individual feathers for added stabilization.

-Realistic chirps for camera shutter.

I'd save my money if I were you. 

40 minutes ago, CaptainGabe said:

Features:

-Individual feathers for added stabilization.

-Realistic chirps for camera shutter.

I heard a rumor that the developers are having a hard time getting the pigeon to keep the eyes on target when there is a F16 Falcon in the sky.

Dan Downs KCRP

I posted this link in Hangar Chat, but it's relevant to this conversation, too...

I'm 90% sure this was already leaked, so what gives. 

The long rumored Woodpigeon project isn't actually about the Westland Woodpigeon.

It's about the Bird Sim project, latin Columba Palumbus... the common wood pigeon.

There's delays because of the sample aircraft keep shitting everywhere and fail to return back after testflights (we really should have bid on the homing pigeon addon instead)

• Upvote 1