Hi Alex

I have just started playing around with X-Plane 11. Their flight plans are saved as a fms file. If you create a flight plan with that other well known freeware flight planner, you can export it to X-Plane as a fms file and then import it into the default GPS. Pretty neat. It uses the FSX database, but who cares.

Just letting you know in case you want to add this feature into the next version.

Thanks again for a great piece of software.

John

Hi John,

my plan is to support X-Plane in the future anyway. The FMS format looks quite simple (https://flightplandatabase.com/dev/specification) and I already added a few export options (PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus) to the current development version.

I'll try to squeeze this into the next release too.

Alex

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, albar965 said:

Man! That next release is going to be huge. :smile::smile:

Ernest Pergrem

21 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi John,

my plan is to support X-Plane in the future anyway. The FMS format looks quite simple (https://flightplandatabase.com/dev/specification) and I already added a few export options (PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus) to the current development version.

Alex

Many thanks Alex.

On 16/04/2017 at 9:45 AM, albar965 said:

Hi John,

Alex

That's great news, would it still use the outdated fsx database or X-Plane own Navdata?

Torfi

Nice Alex. I am looking forward...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

The current development version for the next release 1.4 contains the FMS export option (and GPX, RTE and some more). This was not a big deal to add.

But I have to add the X-Plane database support later. That is a bigger project for 1.6.

So for now it is still the old FSX/P3D database or the FSX/P3D database with navdata updates.

Alex

• Upvote 1