Sign in to follow this  
Bkolar81

787?

In the future are there any plans for a 787?  Your current aircraft are wonderful and they are all I fly but a 787 would complete the package!

Thanks,

Brent Kolar

2 hours ago, Bkolar81 said:

787 would complete the package

How so?

• Upvote 1

In the sense, that a 787 from PMDG would be absolutely beautiful! :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Quality Wings is your best bet in the next decade for the 787...

• Upvote 1

Wow Alexander, you know PMDG marketing plans for the next ten years?

I agree, some of my favorite B777 routes are now B788 and their number in the fleet is increasing monthly.  I don't think PMDG will announce anything until they have a commercial agreement with Boeing, which in itself may take awhile but I wouldn't bet against PMDG getting there..., hopefully in less than ten years.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

If you scroll through the pages of the forums you will see "suggestions" on what people wish PMDG will do. What I can tell you is this, they wont announce what future projects will be out until they are ready. And I am not sure how much of these suggestions they actually pay heed too, as they never publicly say how they make their decisions.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

13 hours ago, Captain_Al said:

Quality Wings is your best bet in the next decade for the 787...

Yearh, you might be right...

But I haven't gotten the high hopes for QualityWings. It almost seems like a pipe-dream - the more we move in towards completion of that project, the further it seems to move away. I dunno - it rather impressive project, judging from the pictures and videos they've published so far, but I have kinda lost hopes that it will be released within the coming 2-3 years, to be honest... And in that time, PMDG could develop a 787 from scratch. 

But we'll see... I'm more than happy, to be proven wrong...  :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I think I am done adding new planes.  I have the 737, 747 and 777.  I fly the 777 75% of the time and split the remaining between the 737 and 747.

Paul Gugliotta

love these redundant questions.... What was the definition of insanity again?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, downscc said:

Wow Alexander, you know PMDG marketing plans for the next ten years?

I agree, some of my favorite B777 routes are now B788 and their number in the fleet is increasing monthly.  I don't think PMDG will announce anything until they have a commercial agreement with Boeing, which in itself may take awhile but I wouldn't bet against PMDG getting there..., hopefully in less than ten years.

That was a joke because it takes so long for these to come to market, as you well know. I hope they have plans for a 787, it is a great airplane, but your going to see a Quality Wings product before you see a PMDG product in the 787, that was my sarcasm...

• Upvote 1

A 787 somehow sounds like boring. Even the 777 lost quite a lot of its magic already.

Either i'm getting old or i simply prefer the good old CRT... Or i just wish they made a 757/767 too much :P

Besides, that 787 from QW should be a very decent simulation of the type.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Not to hijack the thread but like the chap above, all I have installed and fly is the PMDG stuff for P3D. Right now I am about 95% 747 as I just can't get enough of her and 5% 737. RSR had said in the short term some of the 747 tech will roll back into the 777. When that happens I'll go back to her for a while. I'm hoping for an all new 737 after that.

Eric 

On 17/04/2017 at 5:20 AM, Brian_A_Neuman said:

If you scroll through the pages of the forums you will see "suggestions" on what people wish PMDG will do. What I can tell you is this, they wont announce what future projects will be out until they are ready. And I am not sure how much of these suggestions they actually pay heed too, as they never publicly say how they make their decisions.

Actually they have once. Its based on aircraft popularity (how many simmers out there want to fly it) and data has shown that what ppl will want the most are jets they see at their local airports like NGs and 777s etc. Then its based on their ability to obtain licensed data from manufacturers and the complexity of the addon (how they will implement complex systems despite sim limitations). You will never hear from PMDG until the project is well under way.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

10 hours ago, B777ER said:

Not to hijack the thread but like the chap above, all I have installed and fly is the PMDG stuff for P3D. Right now I am about 95% 747 as I just can't get enough of her and 5% 737. RSR had said in the short term some of the 747 tech will roll back into the 777. When that happens I'll go back to her for a while. I'm hoping for an all new 737 after that.

In the 747service pack post, Robert hinted at a NGX v3 with the new 747 features as opposed to a simple rollback.  It is still being decidied but this new addon may include the new scimitar winglets, cutoff switches and ER models. Stay tuned, nothing's promised.

The 777 update is well underway and should be  around at the same time or just before the 747-8

• Upvote 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg