Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

New Level-D 767 HD VC textures released

Meh, after flying the PMDG 777 and new 747, just can't go back to this, think I'll leave her as the pleasant memory she was...

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Meh, after flying the PMDG 777 and new 747, just can't go back to this, think I'll leave her as the pleasant memory she was...

my thoughts aswell!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Leaning that way as well...the 2d VC cockpit is not cool.

spacer.png

Does anyone have textures like this at night after installing the so-called HD textures from Zinertek?

lLiYJsZ.png

And here during the day:

DuX0FVg.jpg

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

On 4/17/2017 at 7:10 PM, Nuno Pinto said:

Does anyone have textures like this at night after installing the so-called HD textures from Zinertek?

[pic snipped]

The textures have not installed correctly there.

If you have custom liveries installed, the mod will not automatically install the new HD textures into the livery folders.  Browse to your FSX/P3D / Airplanes folder and the LVLD767 and/or LVLD 767 Winglets folders.  In either of those, you'll find the new "Zinertek HD VC" folder.  Copy all of the textures in that folder into your main "Texture" folder for the LVLD 767, and into all livery (texture.[livery]) folders too.

Full instructions are in the readme, also in the Zinertek HD VC folder.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I have the same issue with the overhead panel as Nuno, even after re-reading the full instructions and trying 2 installations. The rest of the textures appear to be loading fine, but the overhead panel is dark until power-up, at which point it's completely illuminated and fine.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Unfortunately the textures are correctly installed. I mailed Zinertek about this and i quote...

The actual texture of the overhead panel is hard-coded into the aircraft. Therefore, the only way to modify the color and brightness of the overhead is through this texture:

As you can see, we are dealing with a transparent texture. The only solution to make the overhead panel match the color of the rest of our cockpit was by darkening the background in this texture. 

Unfortunately, when we darkened the texture, this also made the overhead panel look extremely dark during the day and night when all aircraft systems are off.

We could send you a a brighter texture that will fix darkness issue in the overhead panel but this would also mean that the panel will look a lot brighter than the rest of the cockpit when the systems are on:

So, this is how it is at night. Limitation of the model.

They will issue an update soon to address a few issues, but i don't think anything can be made about this one.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hello,

This is Zinertek, the developer of this add-on. We are aware of the darkness issue in the overhead panel. 

Indeed, If you are starting with a cold and dark cockpit then the overhead panel will look very dark as shown in some of the screenshots in this thread.

However, once the the aircraft systems are up and running you should see the overhead panel look like this during the day:

ppXbCed.jpg

And it should look like this at night:

wanGHRO.png

The actual texture of the overhead panel cannot be modified unlike the rest of the cockpit.

The texture of the overhead panel is hard-coded into the aircraft along with the gauges. Therefore, the only way for us modify the overhead panel was through a transparent texture.

The only thing we could do with this transparent texture, was darken the background in order to make the overhead panel match the color of the rest of our cockpit as shown in the first picture above.

Unfortunately, when we darkened the texture, this also made the overhead panel look extremely dark during the day and night when all aircraft systems are off.

We could completely fix the darkness issue in the overhead panel by brightening the transparent overhead texture once again but this would also mean that the panel will look a lot brighter than the rest of the cockpit when the systems are on:

SXeAsZR.jpg

In other words, we can fix the overhead panel's darkness mentioned in this thread but it will come at a cost as shown above.

We wish we could have done more but we are dealing with an old bird here and the overhead panel was one of the limitations that we ran into. 

Best Regards,

Maurice Roenick 

Zinertek Support

• Upvote 1

I guess you're doing your best and i appreciate it. I just wish it was more on the "HD" part ie, enhanced texture quality where it can be enhanced, but it's still better than the original.

Once again thanks for being responsive to this and letting us know.

Thanks Nuno. Although we ran into some limitations with the overhead panel, we still plan to continue making improvements in other areas of the cockpit through a future update.

• Upvote 2

Purchased.  Happy with the mod given the age and limitations of this old jet.

spacer.png

^^^^

Thanks for your purchase and your support. I'm glad to know that you are enjoying the new cockpit!