Sign in to follow this  
RevReese

Does Chaseplane Work with A2A Cessna Walkaround?

Hi all!
I have a quick question regarding Chaseplane which i cannot seem to find an answer for:

Does CP work correctly when doing the walkaround on the A2A Cessna 172?

I am currently using Ezdok, and have seen a lot of information on CP to make me consider switching (the main reason being that ezdok does not work correctly when doing the walkaround, the camera views are messed up).

Everything else i have heard makes me want to jump ship, but if CP does not work correctly when doing the walkaround then there is less reason to switch.

Thank you for your time.

I haven't tried it, or heard anyone else mentioned if it does. I personally just assigned keys to my walk around on my A2A Piper. It would be nice to have an exception key where if you just hit that for any of the A2A aircraft, or any other aircraft that uses walk around, have ChasePlane temporary deactivate while you complete your walk around, and then hit a key again to activate ChasePlane again.

ChasePlane works out of the box with the A2A walkaround feature

Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Is there any way to restore the default P3D cameras?  I think I'm a bit messed up with EzDok, Opus (which have  been uninstalled but it seem like shreds are still there)  and CP. 

thanks 

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Thank you all for the quick replies! 

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Regards,
Keven

Exactly what i was hoping for!! Thank you! goodbye ezdok! ;)

"Is there any way to restore the default P3D cameras?  I think I'm a bit messed up with EzDok, Opus (which have  been uninstalled but it seem like shreds are still there)  and CP. "

in C:\Users\YOUR ID\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 delete the file cameras.cfg ...P3D will create a pristine one the next time it starts , be aware that Chase Plane will alter this file also...

Jorge

Thanks @aeronauta, worked like a charm :biggrin:

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

On 16/04/2017 at 10:22 PM, Keven Menard said:

Regards,
Keven

Hi Keven,

I have uninstalled Ezdok after using the EZCA config tool to restore fsx files and deleting the leftover folders and restoring the keyboard assignments to default as i had lots of redefined keys for ezdok.

Chaseplane did come up saying to remove ezdok (even though i had already uninstalled it!)

I have loaded a flight using my A2A Cessna 172 cold and dark and attempted to do the pre-flight walkaround.

What happens is upon clicking the right arrow, my view is randomly moved and a few other screens pop up (A2A cockpit map screen/radios and a couple of others),

Moving to the other stations, simply moves the camera to a random location either looking at a random part of the aircraft, random part of the scenery or even the top-down view.

What is going on here? I am sure the problem is me and not the software as i have seen plenty of videos of it working for people though i cannot seem to get it working and it is driving me mad!

Any help or advice will be much appreciated!
Thank you for your time.

Try reinstalling the aircraft. EzDok v1 does not restore everything when you uninstalled it and may cause this kind of issue.

let me know!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Try reinstalling the aircraft. EzDok v1 does not restore everything when you uninstalled it and may cause this kind of issue.

let me know!

wow, thank you for the quick response! :)

I did notice ezdok left loads of files and had to delete them manually, it seems ezdok does not want to be uninstalled!

I made the mistake of verifying FSX:SE and now it seems to be downloading the whole game again!
I will definitely post again and let you know how it goes when i reinstall everything.

EDIT: I didn't need to reinstall everything else thankfully! I reinstalled the C172 as you suggested and all works great now, the walkaround is fully functioning as expected! :)

Now i just need to find a way to bring up the ChasePlane window when in FSX! I have selected the "always on top" option but still have to drop FSX down to the taskbar to access the ChasePlane window!

Can i trouble you again for some advice?

Thanks again!

Edited by RevReese
Follow up on advice

ChasePlane cannot be accessed when using FSX in full-screen mode. I recommend using FSX in windowed mode or by using an application called Borderless Gaming https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases to use the interface while in full-screen.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ah right, that explains that!

I use borderless gaming for other games so will definitely use it for FSX too.

Thanks again, I cant wait to get back to my Cessna tomorrow after work! :)

I recently switched from Ezdok to CP and re-installed A2A C172 from scratch but when I select the right arrow key in the walk around menu I get various distorted cockpit views. It works if I select the left key and scrol backwards. 

I uninstalled ezdock using the Windows control panel function, so I could still have some ezdok files on my system