Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

Dissapearing Landing/Taxi lights

Hi,

I have small issue with landing lights/taxi lights that tend to dissapear. What happens: When loading flight, any with default flight and then switching to Queen, I light up the lights. Thay stay on for few moments and then... dissapear. They are still on, splash is on the fuselage but do not appear on the ground at all.

Yes, I was playing with PTA. Yes, I have brought back things to how they used to be, yet still problem remained. I am not sure that PTA is an issue, because they do the same there too. I have checked 737 and there things are perfect. Can you tell me what you think? Should I uninstall and install again?

Tom Link

Tom Link

Hi,

Sim is P3D. I have read your topic. Kind of similar but I don't know what to do in order to eliminate the problem. It does happen without and with AS16. 

Small edit. I have eliminated all the addons that modify any textures - only Global and Vector are on.

What I find interesting is that... lights illuminate grund and then, after some seconds - less than a minute - they disappear. Lights switches are still on, yes, lights are gone. I will do reinstall of the Queen and see what happens. Ok, Queen re-installed and no success. Looks like P3D is messed up. Full reinstall then.

Tom Link

Tom Link

I have seen this in old boxed FSX when scenery settings was to high. FSX removes things if it needs resources for something else. When I had no landing lights I did the flight again with lower settings and the lights was there again. It was with the 737NGX.  Lower settings or try at a different airport.

Per W Sweden

Re-installed and on vanilla P3D everything works like it should be. Since I really liked PTA I will slowly start to practice with it again. Maybe I will see where the error is/was. Most important that on vanilla it works fine... and I wanted to re-install P3D anyway. At least I got reason to finally do it :)

Tom Link

Tom Link