Sign in to follow this  
Pdg17

L Gen failure every flight

Hi,

I keep getting this failure every flight even though i now have SBF's turned off, it happens at roughly the same point in every flight just after take off. Even after ive followed the procedure for disconnecting the drive and bringing the apu online the fault persists and the left engine winds down then powers back up, it doesnt go away till ive cleared the active faults in the main failure menu. Ive checked every thing in the menus to make sure nothing is set to on that has anything to do with electrical and there are no random based failures programmed. Even if i service the a/c before every flight it happens, Ive read the FCOM 6.20 electrical. Ive not done anything different in my startup routine since i got this a/c two years ago, everything looks normal to me swtch/panel wise but willing to accept that i may have done something :huh:

Cheers

Paul

I don't follow you, how will changing panel states stop this fault?

thanks

Paul

8 minutes ago, Pdg17 said:

I don't follow you, how will changing panel states stop this fault?

When people are offering suggestions, it's usually best to try them, even if you have questions. Simply try them, and then report back. If you're curious about something, ask the question after you've tried it.

It was a valid suggestion. To answer your question: because panel states may become corrupt, just like any other file.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, too, please.

Kyle Rodgers

14 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

When people are offering suggestions, it's usually best to try them, even if you have questions. Simply try them, and then report back. If you're curious about something, ask the question after you've tried it.

It was a valid suggestion. To answer your question: because panel states may become corrupt, just like any other file.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, too, please.

I didn't say it wasn't a valid suggestion I merely questioned how this would help to which you have given me the answer, I will try this when I get back to my flightsim. 

Paul Gray

Ps I may have overlooked it but I don't see your name other than an I.D at the top of the post

"I may have overlooked it but I don't see your name other than an I.D at the top of the post"

at the bottom:

"Kyle Rodgers

PMDG Development and Support

http://support.precisionmanuals.com"

Hans Soule

I think signatures are omitted on some mobile applications, which is why Paul may not have seen Kyle's signature. And yes, as Kyle said, I suggested using a different panel state because corruption in the file can lead the sim to do strange things. If you're using the same panel state every time, it's a constant that can easily be ruled in or out.

Walter Meier

Thank you wsmeier, you are correct I do not see any names at the bottom of the posts which is the reason I put my name in the actual post. I will be trying this solution hopefully tonight and get back with the result. 

Cheers

paul gray

4 hours ago, Pdg17 said:

Thank you wsmeier, you are correct I do not see any names at the bottom of the posts which is the reason I put my name in the actual post. I will be trying this solution hopefully tonight and get back with the result. 

Cheers

paul gray

Some browsers (notably mobile browsers) don't automatically show the auto-signatures. Thanks for including your name.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi again,

I've now used all panel formats and restored from original but this problem does not go away. Other than a fresh install are there any files/parameters I could look at?

Its not a huge problem as it's easily cancelled once its kicked in, just a nusciance factor.

Thanks

Paul Gray

On 4/17/2017 at 5:18 AM, Pdg17 said:

it happens at roughly the same point in every flight just after take off. Even after ive followed the procedure for disconnecting the drive and bringing the apu online the fault persists and the left engine winds down then powers back up,

Maybe the generator is a red herring and you are chasing the wrong problem.  Why is the engine winding down after takeoff?  That is extremely not right even with a generator failure however one would expect the generator to trip if the engine were cutoff.  Check all your engine axis, button and key command assignments, make sure there is not anything unexpected there.  What are you using for throttle controls? Do you have the fuel cutoff switches assigned? Explain in more detail the "engine winds down then powers back up" event.

Dan Downs KCRP

May have sorted this:-

restored original

saved new c&d file

closed fsx

open fsx 

loaded a/c and flew from new c&d , just done a flight and no failure so hopefully the fault has gone.

paul gray

DOWNSCC,

fuel cutoffs are not assigned, it's a saitek x52pro with a ch yoke with flaps, speed brake, thrust reverse, like I said I've used this setup for over two years with no problem. The engine winds down as soon as the gen fault occurs goes down to zero then immediately powers back up to the required power setting.

As per my last post its hopefully sorted.

thanks

paul gray

Good to hear, Paul.  However, FSX will assign controls in a seeming odd way without notifying you if things happen like the controller is unplugged.  Never a bad idea to keep that in mind.  Bad panel state makes some sense.

Dan Downs KCRP