Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Memory leak very fast

Hi,
I posted earlier in PMDG forum but in case it is not from PMDG, I want to post here to get more help.

TLDR version: Did a flight from Tokyo Narita RJAA to San Francisco KSFO yesterday, got OOM, load it again from Pro-ATC/X autosave but keep getting OOM (loaded when at cruise, still get OOM), after the 3rd time I gave up and do another flight today.

Took off at 1.3GB and during climb went up to 1.45GB. Now 45 minutes into the flight and available memory going from 1.45GB down to 400MB now as I type (dropping 200MB every 10 minutes).
I am using the latest driver from nVidia which never had any trouble with it, I tried other flights with PMDG 777 and FSLabs A320X without any memory leak. Something is very unique on this flight.

Tried with other nvidia driver still the same result.
What I am planning to do: do another long haul tonight, from Taipei to San Francisco.

Any help or suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

The latest Nvidia drivers have been reported to cause OOM's for many, not all users. The consensus seems to be that going all the way back to 376.33 version is the way to go if you have OOM issues.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Like they said, 376.33 is the only driver that does not have this memory leak. Also turn off shadercache in Nvidia Inspector for the FSX/P3D profile

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, vgbaron said:

The latest Nvidia drivers have been reported to cause OOM's for many, not all users. The consensus seems to be that going all the way back to 376.33 version is the way to go if you have OOM issues.

Vic

8 hours ago, sultanofswing said:

Like stated go all the way back to 376.33.

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Like they said, 376.33 is the only driver that does not have this memory leak. Also turn off shadercache in Nvidia Inspector for the FSX/P3D profile

It is not the driver for sure because I have been using it since the day it came out without any problems. I'm doing a long haul flight almost 10 hours my VAS has been very stable. Around 1GB.
I have turn off the shadercache

Could it be scenery fault even if I don't fly into it?

Hoang Le

P3D v5

See if this helps you identify where the problem is...

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

31 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

See if this helps you identify where the problem is...

Thank you so much I will use it right away. Fantastic tool.
Cheers,
Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

P3D v5

If it is not the driver try looking for duplicate AFCAD bgl files. A free scanner will show you if you have duplicates from other scenery or if the duplicates are just one afcad bgl file and one approach or altitude bgl file:  http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Also just try going back to 376.33 and fly that problem flight again.

Just now, 777200lrf said:

If it is not the driver try looking for duplicate AFCAD bgl files. A free scanner will show you if you have duplicates from other scenery or if the duplicates are just one afcad bgl file and one approach or altitude bgl file:  http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Thank you, I am finishing my current fly, will use it right away when I'm done.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

41 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

Also just try going back to 376.33 and fly that problem flight again.

Nice, this looks useful.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

46 minutes ago, Hoang said:

Thank you so much I will use it right away. Fantastic tool.
Cheers,
Hoang Le

Welcome Hoang.

43 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

Indeed there is a duplicate! Will test later with that same route.
Thank you,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

7 hours ago, Hoang said:

Indeed there is a duplicate! Will test later with that same route.
Thank you,

Hoang Le

What are the duplicates? Sometimes a scenery developer has 2 bgl files that show up for the same airport, such as altitude adjustment or approach bgl files. Make sure the duplicate is from another scenery afcad, such as Taxi2Gate VHHH but also an afcad file for VHHH in your addon scenery\scenery folder. This is not talked about often but duplicate afcad files in my opinion cause high vas usage and oom. If you have FTX Vector run the airport scanner tool after installing new scenery also.

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

What are the duplicates? Sometimes a scenery developer has 2 bgl files that show up for the same airport, such as altitude adjustment or approach bgl files. Make sure the duplicate is from another scenery afcad, such as Taxi2Gate VHHH but also an afcad file for VHHH in your addon scenery\scenery folder. This is not talked about often but duplicate afcad files in my opinion cause high vas usage and oom. If you have FTX Vector run the airport scanner tool after installing new scenery also.

It is a duplicate AFCAD and to my surprise it's from Narita airport where I start my OOM flight. I always run FTX Vector and reimport AIRAC for ProATC everytime I add/delete scenery.

I will test later today with this route.
Thank you so much for your help,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Hi,
I deleted the duplicate AFCAD, still have OOM. I de-active the Tokyo airport, still OOM.

My available memory went from 1.6GB to OOM in about 3 hours.

And it happens to only this route RJAA - KSFO, and in the middle of the ocean, what is going on!

Hoang Le

P3D v5