Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

GSX Pushback - Engine start before pushback

I think I already mentioned this some time before. I am still having problems with the GSX option to start engines before pushback.

When it comes to this question, the FO (asking for the engine start before PB option) and the Mechanic (announcing the pushback to begin) start talking at the same time - so none of them can be understood properly.

And I cannot give a response to the engine start before PB option request, because GSX has already proceeded past that step immediately.

In addition to that, I sometimes get an FO message that I made an inappropriate ATC call to PF3 - probably because a hotkey meant for GSX was sent to PF3.

10 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I think I already mentioned this some time before. I am still having problems with the GSX option to start engines before pushback.

When it comes to this question, the FO (asking for the engine start before PB option) and the Mechanic (announcing the pushback to begin) start talking at the same time - so none of them can be understood properly.

And I cannot give a response to the engine start before PB option request, because GSX has already proceeded past that step immediately.

In addition to that, I sometimes get an FO message that I made an inappropriate ATC call to PF3 - probably because a hotkey meant for GSX was sent to PF3.

Hello Ralph. I don't have PF3, however I have encountered the anomaly with the FO during the push back in the A2A Constellation.

Eg. Me. "Mechanic push back to the right"

FO "need to start engines before push back". I don't know if she's asking me or telling me?🤔

Me . "negative"

Mechanic . "stopping the push back"! 

Me. "oh thanks a lot for that I will get out and push it myself then"!😉

This only happens with the A2A Connie? So I surmise it's a Couatl issue....Perhaps they haven't modified files for pushing back a 4 engined 1950's aircraft...Lol😀

Additionally, answering "affirmative" to the engines start question elicits same response and no push?

As we know, you can't start engines first then request mechanic to push with GSX?

Edit. Can push with GSX with manual GSX Menu selection, just can't use MCE to get Mechanic to run GSX. If that makes sense?

All that said, I don't have any issues with the Airbus, NGX, Learjet, Dash8, tested recently. Nor do I use PF3.

Hope that adds a bit to the conversation.

Regards

David.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:25 AM, RALF9636 said:

I still have this issue in 2.7.17.

I found that I can respond to the question for the engine start before pushback option if I talk to the Mechanic myself step by step. But still the Mechanic and the FO start talking simultaneously after my response and I get the message that I made an inappropriate ATC call to PF3 (request for ACAR ATIS = Hotkey 2).

If I include the pushback request in a voicescript like this:

[SCRIPT]
ground are you ready for pushback
pause=8
ground pushback to the right

then I am not able to respond to the question for the engine start before pushback option because GSX skips through this menu immediately.

I'm using the latest version, I'm not getting the FO and mechanic talking together, but I get the message that I made an inappropriate ATC call to PF3 (request for ACAR ATIS at times.

Rob

54 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

I'm using the latest version, I'm not getting the FO and mechanic talking together, but I get the message that I made an inappropriate ATC call to PF3 (request for ACAR ATIS at times.

Rob

So what exactly do you get, Rob?

After I say "no" the FO confirms that we do not start the engines before pushback while the Mechanic announces that he is beginning the pushback now. Simultaneously the "Acars ATIS not available" message (by PF3) comes up, followed by the FO telling me not to make such a stupid request. 

Do you have the FO and the Mechanic talk one after the other?

I get the normal do you want to start engines before push back, I reply "no" it then get my FO say okay start after pushback.

then a get the Ask for Atis problem, and then I get my starting push back from GSX. I don't always get the atis use, last night it was fine.

Rob

sorry, a bit of a rushed reply :(

So your Mechanic does not say anything? Maybe he is deactivated during push. Do you have "Keep Mech on Push" activated?

11 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

So your Mechanic does not say anything? Maybe he is deactivated during push. Do you have "Keep Mech on Push" activated?

Hi Ralf9636,

No I have "Keep Mech on Push" deactivated (Not checked), in my case I have not done anything much with any of my programs, MCE, GSX and PF3 are pretty much default settings. PF3 I only changed my "Roger" and "PTT" button hot keys. MCE I added the "KeepPF3suspendKey=1" instruction, and that's all and GSX is totally default no edits or tweaks at all.

Rob

45 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

Hi Ralf9636,

No I have "Keep Mech on Push" deactivated (Not checked), in my case I have not done anything much with any of my programs, MCE, GSX and PF3 are pretty much default settings. PF3 I only changed my "Roger" and "PTT" button hot keys. MCE I added the "KeepPF3suspendKey=1" instruction, and that's all and GSX is totally default no edits or tweaks at all.

Rob

Ok, that should explain why you don't have the Mechanic talking.