Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

GTN750 on 2 computers each running identical copy of X-Plane

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the GTN 750 over network when running one computer as master and the other as a co-pilot machine? Would it sync all the data and work as expected? 

So two PCs with the exact same copy of X-Plane and aircraft and GTN750 installed on both machines.

Hi, the GTN does not explicitly implement any network communication. What is the goal of this setup?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello Jean-Luc,

The goal is that I could use the master machine as the main simulator PC with the scenery view or in VR, and the second machine with a touchscreen to control the GTN750. Using the 750 on the touchscreen machine should also update everything on the master machine and vice versa. I assume this is not possible then since I doubt X-Plane itself could sync all the data of two 750s over network?

I have this same setup, one machine with the gauges and another touch for the gtn.  What I did is running two instance of Xplane on the same machine, and install the GTN on the touch.

The main problem of that is that the Xplane dont allow two master machines, so in example that you want to configure a RNAV apprach... the VOR receiver is not going to get the signal.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply myanezt, but what do you mean exactly? You run two different machines, but you have 2 instances of X-Plane on machine #1 and a third instance on machine #2?

I'm glad if it works for you, it would be nice though if it could also connect to the HSI (or whichever instrument) on the master machine. Do you mean that you can only use the GTN to view a moving map/terrain? You cannot use it to connect to autopilot or tune radios,transponder etc.?

I have two computers, one is running 3 X-PLane instances for visuals.

The other one have two XPlane instances, 1 for the instruments and the hardware and another instance with the GTN. Each instance have a monitor, the second one is a touchscreen. Everything works fine except that in an Xplane network is not possible have multiple masters, as they instance running the GTN is an slave, I can see everything working on the GPS, touch, load approach, etc but I cannot provide input to the instruments on the screen 1, neither autopilot, radios, etc.... since is only a slave.

I guess once the XP11 SDK gets available and they document the floating window feature, it will make it easier for you?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)