Sign in to follow this  
tecto

Can I map rudder to Saitek PRO Flight Yoke buttons/sliders (without pedals)?

I'm going to buy that yoke but without rudder pedals. I plan to buy the pedals in the future but not now.
Currently I have an old joystick with rudder and it works good - it centers everytime I release the rudder lever.

Anyway, I've noticed that yoke has two vertical and one horizontal - let say - sliders on the main body (e.g. next to the red button on the right).

I'm wondering whether these are normal buttons or each of them has independent axis?
I planned to map the rudder for this horizontal slider - to simulate the pedals. I usually fly jets so I'm using it only for taxi - should be enough.

I know that this is possible to do on normal buttons like on the keyboard. But the problem is that using simple key commands rudder is not centering after releasing the key.

Will it be possible to do that on Saitek Yoke?

Yes I know. But the price of the pedals is as high as a set of yoke with the throttle...
I mainly fly jets so I use rudder only for taxi purposes. I would like to have the pedals but I have to think reasonably :)

Could you please explain to me how these pedals work? Is it only one axis provided to make left/right turns or it has other functions - like braking or something?

5 hours ago, tecto said:

Could you please explain to me how these pedals work? Is it only one axis provided to make left/right turns or it has other functions - like braking or something?

Usually (Saitek, CH) you get toe brakes too. This means you get three independent analogue axes.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro