Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

How to change the NGX's default instrument screens?

Hi, 

I have a home cockpit setup using the NGX with P3D where I have undocked all MIP screens to other screens. Then I have saved this with Save Scenario as "HOME COCKPIT" in P3D.

When I want to fly a NGX in my home cockpit I just load P3D, then Load "HOME COCKPIT" from the Scenario Setup screen. All screens turn up correctly in my home cockpit MIP.

Now come my question:

How do I modify the default NGX MIP screen so that I have the same screen setup as described above whenever I select a NGX with Select vehicle from the scenario screen. 

If this was possible I could select any NGX from any airports with my "HOME COCKPIT" screen setup unlike loading a saved scenario ( as described above) which will only let me start with the

plane and airport defined in the saved scenario?

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I think you can use the save panel option in the FMC to do this. Go there and select Home Cockpit and the panel will load in every flight with this setup.

Bill Barrette

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Thanks for your suggestion, but using the FMC load function do load the Home Cockpit, but not the saved unlocked MIP screen positions that are stored when saving the scenario in P3D. I believe the load function in the FMC just load the panel states, but the unlocked MIP screen positions are not stored by this function.

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Here's a suggestion, though I'm not sure it will work. Save the flight with your panel positions as your default flight. This of course presents a problem because now you have a PMDG plane as your default aircraft and we all know this is not good. So, go into the aircraft menu and select a default plane and resave your flight as default. Then check and see whether your panel positions are retained when you load a PMDG aircraft from the startup screen.

Walter Meier

Again, thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't work.

I ask Kyle, he seems to know everything :)

Hei Kyle, do you have an answer to my question?