Sign in to follow this  

No, it's not the Flysimware nor Alabeo versions, just the freeware shakey jake, hence the functional VC, but the polished metal looks great! It seems to fly OK too, but then again I'm far from an expert! A quick VFR jaunt over the Easter weekend.

2017-4-15_15-44-7-250_zpsglxznae3.png

2017-4-15_15-46-22-32_zpscywq505q.png

2017-4-15_15-54-34-343_zps1bpcbjel.png

Cheers.

• Upvote 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hope it wasn't as wet and windy for your flight as it was this weekend lol. I was in Blackpool on Saturday and Sunday, and it was blowing a proper gale there, although to be fair, I did see a little private plane flying around there on Saturday afternoon, so it was definitely possible to take off and land in spite of the weather.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Strange, it didn't feel that bad in the sim! I use FSOpen Clouds which uses real world METARS, yet the sim didn't show any rain. I forget the windspeeds, but the 195 wasn't being chucked about.This was on Saturday too. I flew down the west coast to Caernarfon Airport, late afternoon. 

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Well it certainly was very windy on Saturday, my girlfriend Fiona and I, were sat in the bar at the end of the pier having a beer and watching seagulls remaining stationary in the air as they nosed into the wind, so I reckon it was at least 30 mph down at sea level, presumably more than that up high. Unusually too that day - since it was out at sea - there were two lenticular clouds when you looked out to the west, so there must have been some pretty serious windshear out there to be forming those without any terrain upwind of them; I was explaining to Fifi how they formed and how you could use them for gaining altitude in a glider on the upwind side of them and how you don't want to be downwind of them since they'll cause a downdraft that can outstrip your maximum rate of climb, since I'm going to be teaching her how to fly a glider later this year. :cool:

Anyway, that's a very pretty aeroplane, especially for a freebie.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

48 minutes ago, Chock said:

Hope it wasn't as wet and windy for your flight as it was this weekend lol. I was in Blackpool on Saturday and Sunday, and it was blowing a proper gale there, although to be fair, I did see a little private plane flying around there on Saturday afternoon, so it was definitely possible to take off and land in spite of the weather.

Typical Bank Holiday week-end, Al. Rain during and shine after it like today!

Very nice airport scenes!

HLJAMES

Thanks guys!

Alan, the externals are very good IMHO, the internals are OK.Hope she enjoys gliding! I'm a bit behind in my gliding at the moment; real life with family and the weather have been getting in the way..

Mark Robinson