Sign in to follow this  
Guevorkyan

PC Aviator US download speed?

The same applies to the Australian store pcaviator.com.au . My understanding is that the Australian and US stores of PC Aviator share the same servers etc. To exclude the possibility that the problem may be wider that the PCA stores, I then tried FSS (Australia), FSPS (United States) and Simmarket (Germany) and they are all working (smoothly and quickly).

Gary

Both the US and Australian PC Aviator stores' websites are now working.

Gary

Hi All,

We are aware of the speed issues in recent times and are currently undertaking measures to switch hosts/servers to a new provider which offers faster download speeds. This process will take a little while, but it is underway and ongoing. The websites may experience downtime or be offline at times during the transition period, but the issue is currently being addressed and changes are under way. Thanks for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

• Upvote 1

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I'll believe it when I see it. This is a thread from April of 2017, so it is not a new situation.

NOT LOL

Sue

I just got off the phone with PCAviator in the US. The person I talked with fixed my missing download link and I was mistaken on the version numbers. So all is good there. He also stated what Dean said above regarding updating the servers. They are expecting the new servers to be online next week with faster download speeds.

Ted

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Well it's good they're upgrading the servers, but that won't solve the unresponsive tech support.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

39 minutes ago, AdvancedFollower said:

Well it's good they're upgrading the servers, but that won't solve the unresponsive tech support.

I guess, one has to accept that they are quite like the discounter for flight sim add-ons. They offer great prices but not the best support. Can‘t have it all. Good that they are trying to improve the situation.  

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi Folks,

The one time I had an issue - it took a few days (over the holidays that just passed) - but they did respond...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

5 hours ago, AdvancedFollower said:

They answered my phone call in about 3 minutes and were very helpful. They did not answer my emails and I did not ask them about that. Perhaps the server issues were affecting that also. Personally, I would rather talk to a knowledgeable person on the phone any day over playing e-mail or ticket system tennis for days.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

No luck to me yet. I have not been able to download DD New York City X V2 , a 2.88 GB file with an average download speed of 30 kb/sec. I have been trying for the last three days with multiple attempts including one which timed out after nearly 20 hours of downloading. Many other large files ( including DD Miami and many Aerosoft Professional Airports) are yet to be downloaded. With this kind of speed, I wonder if I would ever be able to download them. This is simply disgusting. At least, they should have given the option to resume the download if they were not able to provide faster downloading.  As this thread has been running for many months without a concrete action being taken by the vendor to address the customer woes, the current promise to address the issue ( which again does not mention of a deadline) could be taken only with a pinch of salt.

Vinod.

In their defense, there was a long time between April '17 and now where the speeds were fast.  It wasn't until 2-3 weeks ago where the speeds fell back off the cliff.

But you're right, it is unacceptable.  My short list for purchasing add-ons is down to two vendors:  Just Flight and SimMarket.

The slowness in the PCA websites loading had not been experienced by me until about a week ago but then lasted only a couple of days.

The download speed for purchases is another thing.

Gregg D's experience may have been that those speeds were fast between April 2017 and now. However, my experience here in Australia is that those download speeds have been consistently much slower than those from other flight sim vendors since about October 2014 - as exampled in the links in my posts above.

The slow speed problem has made me very selective about the types of products I feel I can now purchase from PCA whereas I don't have to worry about those types of constraints when considering other vendors, such as Just Flight and Simmarket (mentioned by Greggy D), Flight Sim Store etc.

Gary

I spoke too soon with the first paragraph of my previous post.

After posting, I did my daily or so visit to some of the flight sim retail sites I have historically used and which were ones mentioned in posts above. Today, I found the Australian and US stores of PCA were slow loading, Flight Sim Store was super fast for me and Simmarket was marginally slower than FSS.

Gary

Oops.... I should have read this post before buying the Carenado Cheyenne III from them a few days ago as it took all day to download! To be fair to PC Aviator however, my previous order from them in early December downloaded at a rate which I would describe as normal for my internet connection and indeed the download rates at PC Aviator have always been comparable with the other big vendors until this recent problem arose. I should also point out that in the past when I had an issue needing their assistance, they dealt with it quite efficiently and in a friendly and helpful way.

Bill