Sign in to follow this  
Sky Prince

Did I miss something... AGAIN?

I've gone through the preflight and FMC setup, except DEP/ARR page. Vspeeds haven't been selected yet, as I wanted to first tune ATC to get IFR clearane and taxi to active runway.

Before switching to CnD I could tune and make contact. 

I have been unable to request IFR clearance through the FSX main interface. Why is this? At what point should I be able to tune ATC? What am I missing? 

PS: I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS PIECE OF WORK! THE LOOK, THE SOUND, IS EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. BEST YET BY PMDG.

Stab in the dark here...

I believe you need to look at your audio panel and press the button to enable com1 to play on the speaker/headset. It's the round one or rectangle, don't recall which, so both to be safe.

Hope this is some help.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

28 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Stab in the dark here...

I believe you need to look at your audio panel and press the button to enable com1 to play on the speaker/headset. It's the round one or rectangle, don't recall which, so both to be safe.

Hope this is some help.

Got it. Thank you! 

49 minutes ago, Sky Prince said:

Why is this?

Remember that Intro Manual that I ever so casually referred to in my earlier post?

Page 57, under the heading "THINGS THE WIDE BETA TEAM WANTED YOU TO KNOW" (it's written in all caps in the document and I'm too lazy to re-type it - not yelling). :laugh:

Kyle Rodgers

49 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Remember that Intro Manual that I ever so casually referred to in my earlier post?

Page 57, under the heading "THINGS THE WIDE BETA TEAM WANTED YOU TO KNOW" (it's written in all caps in the document and I'm too lazy to re-type it - not yelling). :laugh:

I thought I remembered seeing it in the intro manual somewhere, and I almost referenced it....except that I couldn't find it in the intro manual, and I didn't have the time to search through the entire manual to find it (some of us do have jobs and required rest breaks to perform said jobs).

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Lol! There is just too much to absorb and make note of. That is why coming here to admire your knowledge and skill is so easy. 😂😉

Besides, I have spent the entire day writing out a plan for this aircraft that would compliment my add-ons. It took a lot of trial and error since I had to switch a few things around to ensure flawless execution. My brain and eyes are fried. 

I am about to test a flight with my findings now.

• Upvote 1