Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy

PMDG 747 QOSII Tire Pressure Loss

Howdy...

Having a great time zipping along in my QOSII...

An interesting ocurance....

After a normal ILS landing at slightly lower speed  ste reverse thrust, applied spoilers, and when slowing down added brake pressure to finally slow to taxi speed.

While shutting down I notice a tire pressure warning in the MDU...

I went LDU to look at pressures and yes, had issues with a bunch of tires....

I then went to maintenance to reset the failure.... and when I applied it it would only release the air until empty again....

Thought this to be kinf=d of weird.. (Inspected the tires, kicked them and they looked fine) :)

Anyhow, I attached a video.. maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or is this a bug..

Thank you

Will Silky/ Flyboy

7 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

I then went to maintenance to reset the failure.... and when I applied it it would only release the air until empty again....

If your engine dies because it doesn't have oil, and you simply replace the engine again, it's going to die again.

Your tires are failing because your brakes are melting them. You need to cool the brakes first.

Kyle Rodgers

Interesting.....

I barely used them as I landed quite a bit slower than required and most of my braking was done with reverse and speed brakes....

I did check the failures under brakes and tires and both where set to fail....

Dont know why, never setup failures in the config.

Thanks though....

59 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Dont know why, never setup failures in the config.

If you abuse the brakes, it's going to fail them. That's one that isn't a failure in the sense that we have programmable failures like engine failures. That is somewhat random. Abusing the aircraft knowingly or unknowingly is going to have consequences.

Sounds like FSUIPC interference, or bad calibration.

Kyle Rodgers

15 hours ago, Flyboy said:

I barely used them as I landed quite a bit slower than required and most of my braking was done with reverse and speed brakes....

How do you know?  There is no physical feedback of how much braking you are using.  Full brake "feels" the same in the simulator as light braking, and the brakes do not have much of a realistic feel to them for most pedals.  Stick to autobraking to avoid this problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

this isnt my first rodeo sir....

I have been using pmdg products for awhile and have used the QOS V2 before the last update and that didnt happen.

11 hours ago, Flyboy said:

this isnt my first rodeo sir....

I have been using pmdg products for awhile and have used the QOS V2 before the last update and that didnt happen.

One of the many comments that I can immediately pick out as one that signifies larger problems is the "not my first rodeo" comment. This is particularly true, and obvious, given the latter comment about the issue not being present in the QoTS V2. The reason for this is that the QoTS V2 didn't model brake heat and tire failures. So, it may not be your first rodeo, but it seems that in this case, the prior experience that you're using to justify not listening to someone is clouding your ability to see the issues in this situation.

I'd advise against taking past experience alone and using it as justification for telling someone off. Dan has a lot of experience with the plane, hardware, and FSUIPC in particular. If he's saying you should investigate something, you should investigate it. He's not getting paid to offer you advice. He's doing it to help you. Do him the favor of listening to what he took time out of his day to offer you.

Kyle Rodgers