Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Middle Mouse Button Changed?

Same problem here, MB view selector does not trigger anymore the popup tool, not sure when this started but I feel it was even before the latest 0.1.704 update.

Guys I have something I would like you to try:

1. Put your sim in windowed mode
  2. Resize it to take roughly half the horizontal size of your monitor
  3. Try to enable the In-Sim View Selector with your mouse close to the edge of your sim window
  4. Tell me if the view selector shows behind the simulator or not at all

Thank you!
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Tried your suggestion but no, does not appear - tried all four edges, nothing.

But it for sure worked in 0.1.663

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

I'm having the same problem, I can't get the button for the middle mouse button hold for panning, nor can I get the menu to come up either.

I am sure you guys will sort it.. I'm using v0.1.707

Craig Read, EGLL

Wait now it's back after a restart!

What I did..

1 - Turn off all the selections in .. PREFERENCES > CAMERA (tab) > Mouse Controls.

2 - Close Chaseplane

3 - Reloaded Chaseplane

4 - Put in MB Pan & Tilt (Hold + Move)....... MB View Selection (Hold Steady)

Now it works, does this help you Dane?

Craig Read, EGLL

We keep pushing new builds (4 today so far). We really hope this is all over by tonight!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey it's cool.. it's alpha..  I'm just glad I decided to come back and give it another go.. now I am used to it.. it's quite a pain to have it not working.. Just shows how much I use it without thinking now..

Just going to check out the new features I've just seen now :)

Craig Read, EGLL

FUBAR here.

I ran the registry set and now it will not run. It starts and then back to the desktop.

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Like craig says: it's alpha, it's all good. And like someone else said, I'm completely spoiled with CP and wouldn't think of using anything else.

Will try again later.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

25 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

FUBAR here.

I ran the registry set and now it will not run. It starts and then back to the desktop.

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Like craig says: it's alpha, it's all good. And like someone else said, I'm completely spoiled with CP and wouldn't think of using anything else.

Will try again later.

Try reinstalling it, there shouldn't be any issue running it right now. You no longer need to user the registry file.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey Keven - still not working with 0.1.710.

I will be out of commission until Sunday or Monday as I am taking my PC in for a new SSD right now.

By the way Keven, I did install that file into RegEdit - should it stay there or does that have anything to do with these issues??

I will get your replies and others in the Forum on my tablet.

Keep trying Keven - like others have said we all know it is Alpha mode - all is good.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

2 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Hey Keven - still not working with 0.1.710.

I will be out of commission until Sunday or Monday as I am taking my PC in for a new SSD right now.

By the way Keven, I did install that file into RegEdit - should it stay there or does that have anything to do with these issues??

I will get your replies and others in the Forum on my tablet.

Keep trying Keven - like others have said we all know it is Alpha mode - all is good.

You can remove the reg file as it is no longer needed. If you are still having issues with the latest build, make sure the Mouse options are right in the Preferences. If they seem right, contact us via email: https://fsfxpackages.com/en/support/

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Better than before but still very unstable even in 0.1.710, most times the popup does not show up.

I'm flying with P3dv3, latest patches.

The mouse middle button trigger has never been absolutely perfect but in previous releases used to work fine most times.

Basically if the mouse pointer is in the middle of the graphics window (P3D running in windowed mode) the view selector will never be triggered (except for a very few times) while sometimes it works when the mouse is over the edges; the problem to activate it when over the window borders is that usually I keep the P3D window at full screen (not Alt+Enter) and that way if the view selector shows up on the right border the views end up outside the display and I cannot select them.

Moreover when doing that (launching the view selector when mouse is over a border) the view selector is incomplete, just On-Board, Outside and Static are actually listed (all other options are missing).

One more: in the view selector popup the airport static views are no more listed, the Static group has got no view and I have to use the full ChasePlane window to find and activate them, but since I haven't flied in the latest weeks I am not sure that previous release listed the current airport views.

Last issue: if I set the RMB preference to pan&tilt and disable the MMB preference to pan&tilt (assuming that doing so there will be no issue with the MMB, set just to trigger the view selector) the MMB will be completely inactive.

BTW: still a fantastic application but I wouldn't have spent time to implement things like the droppable objects, better to make more robust, capable and enjoyable the basic functions.

Edited by Lucky67
Update

Last update: don't know why but after some more restarts and a lot of patience now it seems to work most times,

Basically the last update sorted it out.

And it's ok even if the view selector shows up on the border, the incomplete popup I mentioned in my previous post was just my oversight (the main popup lies outside the dislpay limits in that case).

The only thing that is still not ok for me is the option to use the RMB to pan&tilt (I like the Xplane approach), doing that and disabling the MMB to pan&tilt will completely inactivate the MMB.

7 hours ago, Lucky67 said:

I wouldn't have spent time to implement things like the droppable objects,

Nice thing about creating something yourself.. You get to decide..

Ernest Pergrem