Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Middle Mouse Button Changed?

Same here.

No MMB Menu Selector available. Seems to have disappeared since the last update.

Also I only have 3 options in the Prefs/Camera General section. No Menu Selector option in the General section now.

Am running v0.1.712.

Would be good to have this feature back again.

Thx.

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

7 hours ago, aldridgem said:

No MMB Menu Selector available.

Are you running P3D or FSX?

I ask only because I have FSX on Windows 7, v0.1.712 and both the MMB View Selector and MMB Hold/Scroll option work, although I don't find the hold/scroll all that useful.

I will say that I have found if I disable the MB Pan & Tilt feature that neither my MB View Selector or MB Hold/Scroll features work..:-(

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Interesting observation Ernie.

For me, I am running FSX-SE and using Windows 10 with the latest very large update. Also, I never used MB Pan and Tilt so I wonder if that has something to do with it. KEVEN, if you are reading this what do you think?

Later this evening I will check my system out based on what Ernie has reported.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

First Thing first, I need to know if the Middle Mouse Pan & Tilt works for everyone. Please let me know if it works for you or if it does not work for you in the latest version (0.1.712)

@airernie thanks for that feedback, I will work in that direction. TBH I was more in a "get the middle mouse button working ASAP" mode in the last few days. If the mentioned features are no longer working, I will work towards a fix in the coming days.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven (and Ernie) IT WORKS!!!!!!

Keven - for me the MB Pan & Tilt works, the MB Zoom works, and as Ernie said ONLY IF the MB Pan & Tilt is on then the MB View Selector works.

I just tested it in 0.1.712

Now Keven, you know where to go from here - things are looking good.

Thanks Ernie for that feedback

Regards, Dane

Sorry, but .712 middle mouse button doesn't work at all in FSX:SE full screen.  As before, it works in windowed mode, but not full screen.  I need full screen due to running an external FMC.  Is there anyway of going back to an older version that worked?  I'm unable to make the external FMC display work in windowed mode.  Please help!

UPDATE:  I selected "disable over gauges" and the menu displayed in full screen!

Thanks,

George 

Edited by dornier

Alright, 0.1.713 should fix everything

Please, let me know if it does or not!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Another success by Keven and the team of FSFX.

0.1.713 has now fixed the MB View Selector (without needing to have MB Pan & Tilt on)

On to the Keven...

• Upvote 1

Regards, Dane

Hi Keven,

0.1.713 menu in full screen mode works about 98% of the time.  I can duplicate the issue mostly when I go to the outside view.  When in the outside view, if I select the middle mouse button the menu won't display.  I have to press the middle mouse button many times while moving it around to get the menu back.  It also occurs while in the inside view, but it's rare with 0.1.713.

If it helps, one of the times I couldn't get the menu to display, I went into windowed mode and the menu was sitting in the background.

Thanks,

George  

Hey Guys,

I haven't been playing alot of FSX SE lately but somewhere in the last few weeks I have lost the ability to use the MMB to pan or CP view select in Full screen. I have tried all the suggestions & am running the latest 0.2.18 alpha which has the awesome community presets.

Has anyone else had this were in windowed mode everything works fine but in Full screen the MMB doesn't work at all but all features seem to work just fine ? I have a nvidia gtx 980 with 378.78 driver running at 1440p on a Asus Gsync enabled panel.

Steven C