Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Config feature requests for a future update

The pax 747's I am finding, at least the BCF's, have the autobrake on the right side of the center console below the transponder, not on the bottom left by the smoking/seatbelt.

second, an option to have the 3 balls (white and one orange) on the main middle window bar to adjust your seat would be great.

Having these choices in a future update would be nice. Thank you. - David Lee

I do miss the view alignment balls on the center pillar. Even if it wasn't a company option for a particular config, I would add it to all my 747 liveries because of FSX's lovely view shifting when making turns. 

5 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

The pax 747's I am finding, at least the BCF's, have the autobrake on the right side of the center console below the transponder, not on the bottom left by the smoking/seatbelt.

This is an option. You should find it in the options list.

...or am I missing what you're getting at?

5 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

second, an option to have the 3 balls (white and one orange) on the main middle window bar to adjust your seat would be great.

We're already pushing the limit of flight deck animations to accommodate the options. I don't think it's feasible to add any more options, particularly when those alignment balls are extremely rare. As far as I know, only KLM uses them.

Kyle Rodgers

33 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This is an option. You should find it in the options list.

...or am I missing what you're getting at?

We're already pushing the limit of flight deck animations to accommodate the options. I don't think it's feasible to add any more options, particularly when those alignment balls are extremely rare. As far as I know, only KLM uses them.

I think what he's referring to is the autobrake selector under the transponder controls. There appear to be three options...under the PFD/ND, alongside the PAX signs selectors, and under the TCAS controls.

As for the alignment aids...they are also present on the Nippon Cargo Airlines aircraft. Although they are very handy in FSX, I understand if due to polygon limitations it's impossible. 

1 minute ago, adamant365 said:

I think what he's referring to is the autobrake selector under the transponder controls. There appear to be three options...under the PFD/ND, alongside the PAX signs selectors, and under the TCAS controls.

Hmm. Must've been some reason we did that, but I don't do the visual stuff, so I can't really say for sure. If you look at the real panel itself, it's highly modular. You can move a lot of that stuff around for so many different combinations of things. As the sim is now, it would be impossible to model all of that. That said, there are some common locations, and I think we've covered them.

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Hmm. Must've been some reason we did that, but I don't do the visual stuff, so I can't really say for sure. If you look at the real panel itself, it's highly modular. You can move a lot of that stuff around for so many different combinations of things. As the sim is now, it would be impossible to model all of that. That said, there are some common locations, and I think we've covered them.

From the pictures I have looked at, there are 3 options for the placement of the autobrake switch. The FMC allows 2 options: on the main captains panel and on the bottom left of the center console. There is a 3rd option on the center console to the right just below the transponder. If this is possible to have in the future that would be great if not that is fine. - David Lee

19 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Passenger models have the autobrake on the right below the transponder but the bcf and other freighter models if the autobrake is set to be on the radio console it only goes to the bottom left by the seatbelt/smoking signs. - David Lee