can I just ask about landing clearance. 

In the past when I was using PF3 in VCP2 when you was on approach and was told to contact tower when established this was don't automatically and tower was contacted. 

Last night I had my FO handling coms (VCP2?), I/he was told to contact tower, the frequency was dialed in but landing clearance wasn't requested.

so would I be correct in thinking that I have to ask him (FO) to request landing clearance? 

Rob

I think in general, users should think real world operation, rather than expect the software to do everything in "dull perfection", if there is such thing. 

I mean it's probably not a good idea to make it too perfect.:tongue:

Don't get me wrong. We still need feedback.

In the real world, Captains do eventually fly with forgetful FO rookies and they need to monitor what they're doing with ATC.

That's why we have those "Reply to ATC", "Contact ATC", "going to departure" and the occasional need to step in yourself to speak to ATC. It keeps you on your toes.

We will of course do our best to push things as far as possible.

But one thing we won't be doing for instance, is having a long loop in the background constantly checking aircraft position in relation to assigned runway, so that the FO can finally make that request for landing in the "ideal timing" (PF3 specified distance from airport). Besides the fact it may not work every time, It would be a waste of system resources.

In this case, after waiting for a few seconds, a reminder from you is all that is needed. It injects a bit of unpredictability, and keeps you on your toes.

Now of course, we could get the FO to dial the wrong assigned HDG, ALTITUDE or SQUAWK, just to make things more challenging.:laugh::laugh:

And yes, it happens in the real world too. What do you think causes the near misses.

Cheers Gerald at least I know that if my FO doesn't respond I need to poke him with a stick :)

Rob

Well I updated to patch 2.7.12 this after noon and since then I have had two hangs of MCE while asking my FO to swap frequencies while in the middle of a flow, and also my voice commands are no longer being picked up correctly. I ask for departure clearance when connected to ground and all I get is runway change requests. 

Some thing is a bit amiss!

7 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

Well I updated to patch 2.7.12 this after noon and since then I have had two hangs of MCE while asking my FO to swap frequencies while in the middle of a flow, and also my voice commands are no longer being picked up correctly. I ask for departure clearance when connected to ground and all I get is runway change requests. 

Some thing is a bit amiss!

Did you ask for clearance yourself or asked FO to request it. with which verbiage?

HI Gerald

I asked for clearance myself, I used "jersey 3570 requesting clearance to LFKJ"

Rob

40 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

HI Gerald

I asked for clearance myself, I used "jersey 3570 requesting clearance to LFKJ"

Rob

Hi Rob,

You're right, I have the same issue too. Try "jersey 3570 requesting IFR clearance to LFKJ". This should work.

Nevertheless the same sentence without "IFR" should be corrected so that it can be accepted...Gerald, please is it possible ?

Regards,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks Richard, 

I think I did try it with IFR as well, but that failed as well. I will try again on my next flight and see what happens :)

Rob

I have been trying to try get clearance again this morning using my old call sign (Jersey559), just incase it was the issue. But sadly no, I am still not getting the incorrect verbiage picked up within the simulator. 

No matter what I try using to get clearance, trying it with/without IFR, or using the place name Corsica or its code LFKJ. What I am seeing being picked up is either requesting a runway change or trying to request a divert to LFKJ.

The only way I can get clearance is if request my FO do it.

Rob

1 hour ago, Helix1250 said:

I have been trying to try get clearance again this morning using my old call sign (Jersey559), just incase it was the issue. But sadly no, I am still not getting the incorrect verbiage picked up within the simulator. 

No matter what I try using to get clearance, trying it with/without IFR, or using the place name Corsica or its code LFKJ. What I am seeing being picked up is either requesting a runway change or trying to request a divert to LFKJ.

Rob

This should be easy to fix. Just requires updated speech grammar file (those files in \CandC\ folder) to cater for the unaccounted for verbiage

3 hours ago, Helix1250 said:

Rob

Have you tried : "jersey 3570 ready to copy IFR clearance to LFKJ" ?

Regards,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi Richard, 

I have just been trying the "jersey 3570 ready to copy IFR clearance to LFKJ" but still no joy I am afraid! This time the fire truck was called as result of my request :)

I have also found that MCE has stopped picking up my yoke button press at times. 

Rob

I have had to uninstall the latest patch and go back to 2.7.0.6 in an attempt to stop MCE crashing. 2.7.0.6 picks up my commands and doesn't crash, so not sure what has changed in the latest updates.

On 5/28/2017 at 8:51 AM, Helix1250 said:

Rob

Try this new patch.

MCE-PF3-Patch-3

Are you using the "Mute PF3 key" by any chance?

Are you using the keyboar or joystick for transmission.

If using joystick, are you emulating a key via FSUIPC?

It's not required. MCE can monitor the joystick button state directly.

Thanks I'll give the patch a try tomorrow night.

To answer your questions, no I have turned auto mute off in PF3, I'm using a saitek yoke and have PTT set to button 2. And no I have not emulated it via FSUIPC, I try to keep things as simple as possible.

ill test the new patch tomorrow and let you know how I get on :)

Rob

Thanks for all these fixes!

Just two issues remain so far:

1. The FO (in "You have ATC" - mode) still contacts Tower for landing immediately after being told to contact Tower when established - even though still far away from final.

2. After landing the FO now autonomously contacts ground ("on frequency" / "with you") - but there is no answer.

Reason for that is that hotkey 0 is sent (as can be seen in the PF3 log). Hotkey 0 on Ground frequency means "request taxi to runway". The correct hotkey for "request taxi to parking/terminal" is hotkey 5.

Apart from that the original PF3 phrase in this situation is "... is clear of the active runway".

Other than that there are still timing issues with the readback of long clearances as well as simultaneous talk of FO and AI chatter. But I assume you won't adress this before a PF3 text file is available to read from because things will change in this regard anyway then.

All other issues I reported earlier are solved in 2.7.13!