Just made a flight previously saved in Fsx and PF3.

The flight resumed like expected but Mce did not take the control of Atc after I said "You have control".

Copilot talked to atc only on my request not of himself like expected.

v2.7.13

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Try "You have ATC".

"You have control" means that he flies the aircraft. 

9 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Thanks for all these fixes!

Just two issues remain so far:

1. The FO (in "You have ATC" - mode) still contacts Tower for landing immediately after being told to contact Tower when established - even though still far away from final.

2. After landing the FO now autonomously contacts ground ("on frequency" / "with you") - but there is no answer.

Reason for that is that hotkey 0 is sent (as can be seen in the PF3 log). Hotkey 0 on Ground frequency means "request taxi to runway". The correct hotkey for "request taxi to parking/terminal" is hotkey 5.

Apart from that the original PF3 phrase in this situation is "... is clear of the active runway".

Other than that there are still timing issues with the readback of long clearances as well as simultaneous talk of FO and AI chatter. But I assume you won't adress this before a PF3 text file is available to read from because things will change in this regard anyway then.

All other issues I reported earlier are solved in 2.7.13!

Edit: On another flight it happened again that the FO responded to calls for other Lufthansa flights.

When requesting pushback / startup the FO still sometimes says "Clearance Delivery". Sometimes it is correctly "Ground", but sometimes still "Delivery".

6 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Try "You have ATC".

"You have control" means that he flies the aircraft. 

Again a typo :blink::biggrin:...I confirm, I said during this flight "You have Atc" not "control".

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

It was only with a resumed flight...Have you tried in this particular case (resume) ?

Richard Portier

2 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

It was only with a resumed flight...Have you tried in this particular flight (resume) ?

No.

But I have restarted MCE during the flight several times without such problems. So it might be a problem of resuming the PF3 flight.

Did you make sure the closed captions are activated? Maybe that setting isn't remembered when resuming the PF3 flight.

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

No.

But I have restarted MCE during the flight several times without such problems. So it might be a problem of resuming the PF3 flight.

Did you make sure the closed captions are activated? Maybe that setting isn't remembered when resuming the PF3 flight.

Me also it happened to me in a normal flight (not resumed) to restart Mce several times without problem. Yes I guess the closed captions was actived, if not I would not have had the text displayed.

Richard Portier

On ‎24‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:01 PM, RALF9636 said:

I made a flight in "I have ATC"-mode and gave single commands to my FO to make ATC requests/responds.

One thing that I found a little annoying: I had to separately command every frequency change.

It would be nice to have a mode in which I have ATC but the FO nevertheless automatically handles the COM frequency changes. Similar to the VCP mode 1 in PF3.

On a second thought, this can already easily be achieved by switching to VCP mode 1 in PF3 while in "I have ATC" - mode in MCE.

MCE initially sets VCP mode 0 in PF3 and seems to reset it to that everytime the "I / You have ATC" - mode is switched. But when already in "I have ATC" - mode, VPC mode 1 in PF3 can be set and kept.

All VCP mode 1 in PF3 (with voice set to "none") does, is to dial in the new frequency after the roger hotkey (after a handoff) is pressed / sent. As far as I can see, it does no harm at all to the new MCE-FO feature. Even in "You have ATC" - mode I could see no problem; the new frequency was set, obviously by MCE (because PF3 does not really turn the knobs - in the Aerosoft Airbus - as MCE does).

So as long as MCE allows to set VCP mode 1 in PF3 nothing else has to be done to have the frequencies dialed in automatically in "I have ATC"-mode (without really turning the knobs though - but I can live with that).

Actually I prefer this mode now. Apart from avoiding the timing issues and the false responses to other callsigns (that will certainly be solved) it gives much more control over the FO actions. For example I can now just complete the last checklist item before saying "reply to ATC" instead of the checklist being interrupted by the response to ATC. Also I can decide ad hoc if I want to to talk to ATC myself or just make my FO do so.

Some questions:

How do I make my FO (if already implemented)

1. ask for "say again" (ctrl-shift-=)

2. request a "Cleared to final at pilot's discretion" (Hotkey 1)

3. announce a Go-Around (Hotkey 9)

4. declare Emergency (ctrl-shift-E)

5. request a different runway (ctrl-shift-W)

6. request a Direct to (ctrl-shift-D)?

7. There seems to be a delay of several seconds when saying "reply to ATC" before the FO starts talking, compared to his immediate responds in "You have ATC" - mode. Is there a reason / necessity for that? Or can this be improved?

28 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Some questions:

How do I make my FO (if already implemented)

1. ask for "say again" (ctrl-shift-=)

2. request a "Cleared to final at pilot's discretion" (Hotkey 1)

3. announce a Go-Around (Hotkey 9)

4. declare Emergency (ctrl-shift-E)

5. request a different runway (ctrl-shift-W)

6. request a Direct to (ctrl-shift-D)?

7. There seems to be a delay of several seconds when saying "reply to ATC" before the FO starts talking, compared to his immediate responds in "You have ATC" - mode. Is there a reason / necessity for that? Or can this be improved?

Items 1, 5 and maybe 6, will be in next patch.

Item 7 might be improved. 

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify (so I can stop trying): None of the items I asked for are implemented yet?

Okay I have done a quick test and I have found out possibly why I am having trouble getting departure clearance.  I have been trying to get departure from LIRN, this airport does not have a clearance/delivery frequency. So I have tuned to ground (121.90) and asked for departure clearance "Jersey 3570 requesting IFR clearance to Corsica", with this I get odd stuff being picked up, runway changes etc. 

But if I stay on 121.900( Ground) and use " Clearance jersey 3570 requesting IFR clearance to Corsica" Bingo it works. I have tested this a few times now and it comes back the same each time. 

Basically you can not use the word "Ground" even though your connected to ground for clearance, you have to call ground "Clearance" and then it works. No I am not saying that what I am experiencing is the same for others, but certainly in my case. 

With the new Patch I have not had any hangs and CTD, I will continue testing and feed back what I find. 

Rob

edit:

I don't seem to be able to get taxi clearance if I ask for it myself, I used "Ground Jersey 3570 ready to taxi", maybe I'm not using the correct term. My FO has no issues with obtaining taxi clearance.

13 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify (so I can stop trying): None of the items I asked for are implemented yet?

Correct.