Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Binder

Shaking in P3D

Hi all,

I originally posted in the PMDG forum thinking that it was a 777,747 and NGX specific problem, but it happens at all airports, default or scenery. Did a full reinstall, no addons, default F-18 shakes like mad. As you can add 1+1, as the wingspean gets larger, the shaking up and down becomes more evident. Its driving me bonkers. 

System Specs

x2

Post in PMDG forum

Running V3.4.22.19868

All the best,

Brandon Binder

Hello Brandon

1) What are your System Specs ? 

2) Did you reinstall Prepar3D because of this Issue ?  

3) Can you remember when this began, Maybe after Installing an Add On ?  Windows update ? USB\Graphics driver update ? 

4) From what i understand from your previous post this is happening with all Aircraft and Airports yes ? 

5) When you Uninstalled Prepar3D did you delete all 4 Generated folders before you reinstalled again ? 

On 4/20/2017 at 0:35 PM, Poppet said:

Hello Brandon

1) What are your System Specs ? 

2) Did you reinstall Prepar3D because of this Issue ?  

3) Can you remember when this began, Maybe after Installing an Add On ?  Windows update ? USB\Graphics driver update ? 

4) From what i understand from your previous post this is happening with all Aircraft and Airports yes ? 

5) When you Uninstalled Prepar3D did you delete all 4 Generated folders before you reinstalled again ? 

1) My system specs are posted as photos from above.

2) Yes, reinstalling addons now. Nothing seemed to help.

3) Its happened for quite some time now, only realized it when I started looking closely after wondering "Why is the planes main gear shaking while the engines are on?"

4) Yes, default airports & aircraft

5) Yes.

Does it do this in flight? I have been trying to fix this for months and nothing works. I hope we can both find solutions. It really ruins the flight experience.

May I ask, what camera add-ons are you using?

Ezdok? Chaseplane? Other?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 minutes ago, bosflo said:

Does it do this in flight? I have been trying to fix this for months and nothing works. I hope we can both find solutions. It really ruins the flight experience.

No, its fine in flight.

It appears to stop when the parking break is applied! 

1 minute ago, RichieFly said:

May I ask, what camera add-ons are you using?

Ezdok? Chaseplane? Other?

None, default views. An uneducated guess is that for some reason, the plane thinks its on a dirt surface but its actually on a concrete runway... Strange indeed!

Yes. Could be as you say. 

Have you tried other airports?

I sometimes have unexpected issues when taxiing at payware airports; I'll suddenly crash the aircraft by just taxiing along...like I've hit something where nothing is (seen.)

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

6 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Yes. Could be as you say. 

Have you tried other airports?

I sometimes have unexpected issues when taxiing at payware airports; I'll suddenly crash the aircraft by just taxiing along...like I've hit something where nothing is (seen.)

See what I mean by distracting!!

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

That can be easily fixed by turning off crash detection.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

True.

I have collisions turned off (one too many ended flights being done in by a baggage cart or tug).

Just liked to know when I've landed too hard.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hello Brandon,

I understand this is a long shot,  But I notice form your Specs you are using a Generic Monitor driver,  Download and Install the correct driver for your Monitor,  Confirm this has been successful,  Launch Prepar3D and test 

-----------

Plug out all USB Devices Including Wifi dongles and Extra Monitors  (except keyboard and mouse)  Launch Prepar3D and test 

----------

Have tried Reinstalling\Updating your Graphics Driver Insuring you Tick the box for "Perform a Clean Installation" during the process ?

Alternatively you can use a driver cleaning utility to Uninstall & Reinstall your driver,  Something like DDU Driver Display Uninstaller 

Hello Brandon, and everyone

I have the same problem as you. T

he P3DV4.5 image shakes when I start the engines and stops when I cut the engines.

Did you find the solution yet?

4 hours ago, federicomaradei said:

Hello Brandon, and everyone

I have the same problem as you. T

he P3DV4.5 image shakes when I start the engines and stops when I cut the engines.

Did you find the solution yet?

There an easy solution.  If you have Chaseplane, turn the Gimbol option on for your external views.  It stops the shaking.  The camera views are fixed to the axes of the aircraft, so if the aircraft vibrates due to engine vibration, so will your camera view.  Switching the Gimbol option 'on' detaches the view from aircraft axis rotation

Edited by ErichB