Sign in to follow this  
williebarry1

737 FMC

When I put my mouse cursor over the FMC i get a second small mouse cursor to the right. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and its still happens. This only happens with 737. Help.

13 hours ago, williebarry1 said:

When I put my mouse cursor over the FMC i get a second small mouse cursor to the right. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and its still happens. This only happens with 737. Help.

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last - are required to be placed in your posts.

As far as the issue goes, it sounds like a display driver issue. Are you using multiple monitors?

Kyle Rodgers

13 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

Only one monitor. And this only happens with PMDG aircraft.

Well most people don't use custom cursors, so, this would make sense.

I can't remember what the cause is for the momentary cursor flash, but it's purely cosmetic.

Kyle Rodgers

I know this is an old topic but I am seeing this also in a new install of P3Dv4 Windows 10. Only happens on FMC buttons.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Interested to come across this because FWIW I am also seeing this behavior on the P3Dv4 NGX FMC and I thought maybe it was just something weird on my setup!  (I didn't see this in any of the previous NGX versions I've had installed).  

What I've also noticed is that the second flashing cursor to the right of my cursor is actually the little PMDG hand symbol with the raised index finger, to indicate an interactive button or switch.  Every time my cursor rolls over an interactive button area on the FMC, the little hand symbol briefly flashes on about 1 or 2 inches to the right for an instant.  (Also BTW my cursor is the bog standard Windows arrow cursor with stock settings, so nothing unique or special about it).

It doesn't seem to prevent the FMC from working correctly so its not that big of a deal; it's just rather distracting to keep seeing that second symbol flashing on and off while I'm busy trying to enter all of my flight data.

Cheers, Kevin.

Kevin S

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, Kevlar01 said:

Interested to come across this because FWIW I am also seeing this behavior on the P3Dv4 NGX FMC and I thought maybe it was just something weird on my setup!  (I didn't see this in any of the previous NGX versions I've had installed).  

What I've also noticed is that the second flashing cursor to the right of my cursor is actually the little PMDG hand symbol with the raised index finger, to indicate an interactive button or switch.  Every time my cursor rolls over an interactive button area on the FMC, the little hand symbol briefly flashes on about 1 or 2 inches to the right for an instant.  (Also BTW my cursor is the bog standard Windows arrow cursor with stock settings, so nothing unique or special about it).

It doesn't seem to prevent the FMC from working correctly so its not that big of a deal; it's just rather distracting to keep seeing that second symbol flashing on and off while I'm busy trying to enter all of my flight data.

Cheers, Kevin.

I'm still having the same problem. Only with the 737. I updated to the latest drivers with same results. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro