Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Anyone Got PIC 737?

Guest sandro becker

It is a pain in the ####. The T/D logic is not implemented. If u have to imput restrictions, it will not folow as should be. And they will not do this. Check forum.So i lost my money.Buy 767 , 727 or ng.

Guys allot of work was put in on the Avionics and FDE of this bird. I would put those two aspects on the same level of PMDG and Level-D. After having the CS757 experience I'm realizing eye candy visuals is not everything. Yes the FeelThere model might not be the prettiest model out there concerning the VC but it has everything you need under the hood.The PIC737 is for those Hardcore simmers who truly want to learn about the classic 737 era airliners. I

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would say it's a "mediocre" release - in the true sense of the term "mediocre". By itself it's pretty decent, but it can't really be compared with the LDS 767 or the PMDG birds. Here is a list of problems:1) Non-existing manual. 2) Dependence on crappy Wilco support.3) Mediocre virtual cockpit bitmap quality - low rez all the way. 4) Atrocious performance - a real frame rate killer. 5) Most of the flight dynamics problems have been addressed, but plane still has a tendency to fluctuate up and down when engaging the auto flight systems. 6) No fuel planner.7) No external load editor. ricardo

Guest DaveSmith

Ricardo,I couldn't agree more with what you said. Your points 2,3 and 4 are especially true for me. I'm not using this product at the moment, and since I guess nobody will ever sort out the problems you listed, I guess I will never use it. I wish I didn't bother. I wish someone would put together a decent 737 that doesn't have all these problems. It's a pity Dreamfleet dropped theirs..now that would have been a quality product (since their stuff usually is). Also, I guess they would have used Flight1..the best way to buy stuff in my opinion.Dave.

Add to your list lousy Nav Data. It is not uncommon for me to find way points and or airways missing from their data base. I have at least one case of a missing or mislabled airport as well.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Peter,Obviously everyone has their opinion!!!!!I have a vanilla older Dell 8250, P4 2.56ghz with 1gb of ram and a Radeon 9700 256m card ... nothing special, out of the box. I always feel very badly for people who encounter difficulties with software, especially when I never do ... so that says something about the software I think ... I find the Feelthere 73's to be very well done, nice pieces of software. I don't look at frame rates, and I don't like VC's ... so this is the best thing since the DF734 ... IMHO. You get three nice models, it flies smoothly to me, gauges are smooth .. perfection ... no, but very very nice to use.Is it LDS or PMDG with all kinds of failures and such? ... no .. but I like to plan and fly, not shoot system issues at 37000 feet ... I suppose you could always set MSFS failures if you are desparate to fail using the 73's.Little nits like the marker lights and fuel test as noted above, at night the overhead is very dark and the lighting could be improved.The FMC is well done, wish that Feelthere had chosen NavData ... but I haven't found their navdata to be problematic .. it even has a nicely done FIX page. It has all the features I would use, and the same features I use on the LDS 767, and the PMDG 73's and 74's.Not sure about Wilco support, why would someone go there other than for sales issues anyway?, but the Feelthere site is very active, and Victor and the team are very responsive and helpful, support,to me, is certainly on the level of PMDG and LDS.So, if you want to fill in the "older" end of the 737 model line, Feelthere has what you are looking for ... again, my opinion. Good value for the money spent!!!Best Regards,Paul BenoitKSAN

Guest FLEX

i still have problem with the fps of wilco. i dont get it actualy, the PSSb777,leveld767. pmdg 737and 747 works perfectly in my rig. still same setup no VC dxt textures but dang my plane crawls if i used wilco737 with activesky. thats why i transfer my panel to 50 north and arriane and tweak the .cfg file. as of now thats the best i can do and thats the way i enjoyd the classic:-)as they say once you transfer it plane doesnt follow the vnav mode properly descend sucks and the FMC be more realistic. but as for me, thats a load of crap! its a CLASSIC! fly it manually without autothrust us the manage descend mode(VS), use the RMI, try practice approach using the approach mode not the map mode, learn to intercept in using those needles, fly the localizer and glide slope manually, fly the DME arc manually, fly the barbtype course manually and im sure it would give you a work out on IFR! and thats what CLASSIC means! some pilots flying the 737 usually fly's it manually especially on the approach. it a work out for them..Many thanks raj,

Guest sandro becker

The VNAV behavior is a mess. I have to use LVL CHG. They will not fix it. The 747 400 Cargo released is simply much better and smooth frame.So, i wasted my money. If u like a unreal FMC logic, go ahead

I'm not advocating or otherwise the PIC product which I also have, and I also am flying the B744/F almost constantly now too. However, I did read somewhere (some time ago) from someone who has flown both the B733/4 and the B75/76 that the V-Nav software is rather crude in the 73 compared to the 75/76/74/77 products. If I recall correctly some of the "crudeness" has even populated the B73NG model, once again when compared to it's larger siblings from Boeing. Whether that's to preserve commonality or not with the B73 line I don't know. I have never flown any of these aircraft, so my only input is from those on forums that I believe have some expert knowledge :)Bruce.

Guest QFA001

Sandro,It's the typical case of the sour grape. After you called all the americans racist on the feelThere forum they banned you from there. Your oppinion in this case is anything but unbiased.QLUVR

Guest QFA001

The VNAV differs from the NG. My brother flie the real Classic and told me the VNAV is pretty much dead on in the feelThere sim. By comparing the 737 to the 744 cargo you are comparing oranges to apples. To get the cargo you have to spend around 80 bucks while the 737 costs about the half of that.QFALUVR

Guest vas_yan

A couple of days ago I was jumpseating on a 733. The Captain, having very recently converted from the RJs, is also a fellow Vatsim pilot and controller and he has provided some help with systems modelling to the PMDG 737 NG team. We had a chat about FT's 737 which he owned and I said to him that I occasionally get some LNAV overshoots. His reply was "We get that with the real thing too...". He also said that the first time he tried to capture the loc clean (i.e. no flaps) with the FT 737, the nose pitched up 8 degrees and he thought it was a bug. But then as his type conversion progressed he tried the same thing on the real plane and what do you know...It pitched up 8 degrees as well!If that guy finds it functional and enjoyable who am I to argue...Regards,