Sign in to follow this  
Sky Prince

Calling all Pilots - tutorial - I also have a problem

6 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yes, that's the whole point. You want to create a tutorial with known variables. Default ATC is always going to give you unknown variables that you can't take into consideration.

World of AI, Ultimate Traffic, not really relevant. The main point being that with AI at 100%, you'd have too many unknown variables that would take place that it would be impossible to create a consistent tutorial based on the situation. With AI levels that high, are you going to be holding for 4 minutes or 40 minutes. Is anybody going to be taking off, or are you going to have 27 planes landing simultaneously one after another with no hope of any planes taking off. These are factors you won't know off the top of your head, and you won't be able to say, load this much fuel because you might have enough, but you might also run short if you're waiting for two hours for take-off. If you look at the tutorial that came with the plane, you'll notice there is one fixed route, that won't change. You get told how much fuel to load. That won't change. You get told what your zero fuel weight is. That won't change. Your take-off speeds are based off of weight, so that won't change. Your fuel burn would ultimately depend on whether you're running the simulator as you're reading the tutorial or whether you pause it as you're reading it, but we're talking very minimal difference, maybe a couple pounds of fuel. On approach, you get told you'll land flaps 30, so that won't change. The speeds are based off of your weight, so they'll be fairly close. All of these are known variables that you are told to set. Start throwing in unknowns like default ATC and AI, and everything goes out the window. All of a sudden, you might run out of fuel mid-flight because you were in a hold on the ground for 3 hours 24 minutes. What do you do now.

I understand. 

There is something I'm going to try.

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I know I've said this before, but I will stress this point again: please take a moment to take stock in the resources we've provided. You're certainly welcome to do what you wish with your own money, but I think you'll find what we've provided (included in the cost of the software) to be more than sufficient...provided you take the time to read it.

Incidentally, I never flew the tutorial flight that came with the plane. I just jumped in and flew it and haven't ran into any issues. Granted I had already flown the V1 for FS9, but incidentally, I never flew the tutorial flight that came with that plane, either.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

10 hours ago, Sky Prince said:

PROBLEM:

My FSX would suddenly lag (dropping from around 50 FPS to less than 3). The sound would then become distorted, buzzing, static, stuttering, if I could describe it. Why is this happening?

My system windows 10 (C;) has 750 GB free.

Core (TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40 GHZ RAM 12 GB

HICCUP: I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED IN THE WRONG FORUM. PLEASE MOVE.

SOLVED:

I turned coolsense off. Think it was limiting how much work was being done.